Eric Duncan

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Lets see if this can set the box office on Fire. If this is just a watered-down version of the general Pixar formula, it might lead to numbers that are not exactly earth-shattering. I personally hope the concept is more than just hot air and they do something interesting with it.

Captain Planet Hero GIF by Droplet Adaptogen Drinks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

excited for the horny fan art of water chad. 

Since we being horny when the water chad and the fire baddie smash, do they make steam?

People on the internet do tend to be too negative about every Pixar movie when the preliminary marketing starts, though in Sohn's case much as I may personally defend his movie he doesn't have the rep to make up for that.

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Inside out meets Last Airbender.

When I first saw the description I thought it was referring to the elements of the periodic table having personalities. That would be interesting.

That would be way too much of a “nerd” thing for a kid’s movie. 

14 hours ago, jedijake said:

Literally the first thing I thought of too. Astrology already has different elements representing different emotions, so the premise of this is what? What if emotions had emotions? 😛

It might be fun and better than The Good Dinosaur but it feels too much of a redux and less fascinating than Inside Out and ATLA. Also, June 2023 is already shaping up to be a bloodbath with Spider-Verse 2 right there.

And still waiting for one of these element themed stories to make the Earth element rep character the protagonist for once.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

When I first saw the description I thought it was referring to the elements of the periodic table having personalities. That would be interesting.

I tried to react with a good chemistry joke to this, but all of them argon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

. Also, June 2023 is already shaping up to be a bloodbath with Spider-Verse 2 right there.

This genuinely seems like a bigger issue than the premise and creative team. Spiderverse will likely be the first choice animated movie in June 23.