Eric Atreides

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

I’m convinced this will be good, but just hopefully not a rehash of their previous movies.

The Good Dinosaur is so damn underrated. I’m don’t think any eyes were left dry when the dino and the boy had to separate in the end.

• Like 3

Pixar just ain't what it used to be.

Look, if you liked Good Dinosaur , fine,..I did not,, first time I though a Pixar film did not give me my money's worth ( I thoughg Cars was a step down, but is still had enough good stuff to make me fell I had not wasted the price of a ticket) but fact is it was the first big box office failure for Pixar. A lot of people did not like it as well as you did.

And, of course, you need to seperate your own likes and dislikes when talking about the finiancial aspects of a film.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Look, if you liked Good Dinosaur , fine,..I did not,, first time I though a Pixar film did not give me my money's worth ( I thoughg Cars was a step down, but is still had enough good stuff to make me fell I had not wasted the price of a ticket) but fact is it was the first big box office failure for Pixar. A lot of people did not like it as well as you did.

And, of course, you need to seperate your own likes and dislikes when talking about the finiancial aspects of a film.

Uhh k.

What's your point?

We have no idea how Elemental will do at the box office yet.

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Doesn't have much to do with this movie tho. 

There's many reasons for why The Good Dinosaur did poorly in both quality and commercially, and Peter Sohn is hardly one of them. 

He was just a co-director in TGD, the director which owns the idea didn't know what to do in the third act, they kick him from it and the movie was dismantled and basically remade from scratch with a lot of people working on it simultaneosly to finish it in barely a year, from John Lasseter to Lee Unkrich, the whole Pixar team was involved.

Sohn ended up as director because he was already more attached with it, but the entire production itself was chaotic because of Bob Peterson.

It's very hard to use this situation against Elemental, everything seems completely different, and despite Lightyear mess Pixar has been in a great shape both critically and with audiences for years now, this could very well ended up being great. The commercial aspect will depends more if Disney will manage to break the attachment they made linking Pixar with D+ these past years.

• Like 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

The commercial aspect will depends more if Disney will manage to break the attachment they made linking Pixar with D+ these past years.

yeah that's the problem.

I'm not convinced that Lightyear failed for any reason other than looking like a mediocre, boring movie.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Doesn't have much to do with this movie tho. 

There's many reasons for why The Good Dinosaur did poorly in both quality and commercially, and Peter Sohn is hardly one of them. 

He was just a co-director in TGD, the director which owns the idea didn't know what to do in the third act, they kick him from it and the movie was dismantled and basically remade from scratch with a lot of people working on it simultaneosly to finish it in barely a year, from John Lasseter to Lee Unkrich, the whole Pixar team was involved.

Sohn ended up as director because he was already more attached with it, but the entire production itself was chaotic because of Bob Peterson.

It's very hard to use this situation against Elemental, everything seems completely different, and despite Lightyear mess Pixar has been in a great shape both critically and with audiences for years now, this could very well ended up being great. The commercial aspect will depends more if Disney will manage to break the attachment they made linking Pixar with D+ these past years.

I am not making comparasions between Good Dinosaur and Elementals, just reacting to somebody who stated GD was underrated.

I will have to see a lot more about the film before any judgements. Could be another Pixar Dissapointment, could be another "Inside OUt". Time will tell.

• Disbelief 1