Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (5/20-22) | DS2 31.6, Downton 16, Bad Guys 6.1, Sonic 3.9, Men (are trash) 3.3

Deadline have $8m for Downton Abbey 2 and just $1.4m for Men (Urgh). Men has been marketed so well and yet despite the A24 crowd it’s opening under Firestarter which was available at home with horrendous reviews and no advertising. 

So maybe $18m for DA2 which although is a huge drop from the first film, doesn’t seem like a complete waste of time; if it has legs. 

24 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

What kind of weekend drop you're expecting? 

48-51% drop for the weekend. I think friday increase could be tad better than last week and sunday will be better for sure. I would take the early friday number with a grain of salt for now. its too early. 

My matinee show for Downton had a row of old ladies that had to be shushed a few times :rofl:

Movie is definitely worse than the first one, two unrelated plotlines were awkwardly cut together, but was nice and emotional at the end. 

For those of you that can’t get enough of the pair of Multiverse movies currently dominating conversation….I just watched Rescue Rangers and feel like it surely must have escaped from a parallel universe. It’s….kind of AMAZING??!?!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

For those of you that can’t get enough of the pair of Multiverse movies currently dominating conversation….I just watched Rescue Rangers and feel like it surely must have escaped from a parallel universe. It’s….kind of AMAZING??!?!

I think I need to see that even if I don't know the Chip n Dale brand.