filmlover

Best Actor Predictions: 2022

On 10/27/2022 at 9:00 PM, filmlover said:

1-800-MESS. Now watch Calva get snubbed in favor of Jackman in that total no1curr movie.

Why would Calva get snubbed? He actually garnered sympathy after this mess.

Anyway, another day, another set of predictions from me

Austin Butler, Elvis

Collin Farrell, The Banshees

Brendan Fraser, The Whale

Diego Calva, Babylon

Bill Nighy, Living

• Like 1

After first reactions for Babylon, Calva's chance to be nommed is a longshot. He is an unknown name and he needed strong reactions to his work or the film to be praised. None of these have happened.

That leaves the fifth spot wide opened:
It can go to Hugh Jackman because he is a prestigious lead in a good performance for a serious drama, despite weak reviews.

It can go to Tom Cruise because he is a star and they could want to recognize his great career as an action star now that he is in a Best Picture film.

It can go to Paul Mescal because he is in a prestige little film that can get notices from critics prizes.

Other leads are: Chalamet, Jonathan Majors, Craig, Hanks, Kaluuya, Jeremy Pope...

Sure bets:

Brendan Fraser

Colin Farrell

Austin Butler

Bill Nighy

Fifth nominee:

Tom Cruise

• Like 1

So I just saw "The Fabelmans and I loved it, but does anyone know if Gabriel LaBelle would be listed as a lead? he is the main character. but he is a young actor (probably under 20 when they filmed it) and the academy loves to shun young actors or put them in supporting. there is an argument that him and Paul Dano could both be listed as leads. but just wondering. (although I'm not sure either will be nominated)

Machelle Williams was pretty astounding as well. thinking she would be listed as lead as well though. 

10 hours ago, Kalo said:

So I just saw "The Fabelmans and I loved it, but does anyone know if Gabriel LaBelle would be listed as a lead? he is the main character. but he is a young actor (probably under 20 when they filmed it) and the academy loves to shun young actors or put them in supporting. there is an argument that him and Paul Dano could both be listed as leads. but just wondering. (although I'm not sure either will be nominated)

Machelle Williams was pretty astounding as well. thinking she would be listed as lead as well though. 

LaBelle is being submitted for Lead, yes.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, Maggie said:

Brendan Fraser

Colin Farrell

Austin Butler

Bill Nighy

Jeremy Pope/ Gabriel laBelle

Jeremy Pope isn't happening for that movie no one will see. I'm starting to come around to the idea that Cruise is just going to pull through for a nomination since it's a really weak year for this category and his movie is looking to be an easy Top 5 contender.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, Maggie said:

Ok, finished The Banshees. Give the Oscar to Colin now!

should be colin farrell for banshees,. picture too. Should be colin's first oscar and well deserved, a long career in films with a lot of great movies. one of the best films ever made..

Edited by Halba

On 12/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, Halba said:

should be colin farrell for banshees,. picture too. Should be colin's first oscar and well deserved, a long career in films with a lot of great movies. one of the best films ever made..

Yes, totally agree. Colin did it. Such a great and different performance. Plus, i'm tired of biopics performances winning. Anyway, Colin is still better than everyone this year