EmpireCity

Top Gun Maverick Weekdays Thread | 15.8m Tue, 14.8m Wed, 14.5m Thurs, ??m Fri

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Mea culpa.  False alarm.  I was going off the wrong day.  

$15.6m

Still a fucking great number.  My bad everyone.  

Paramount: If TGM miss $500M, you are the one who steal it. And we appreciate that because our deal with Tom Cruise said we will give him more revenue percentage unless it fail to hit that mark.  :Gaga:

My local IMAX, which only rarely sells out shows, like for the $150M+ openings and even then only the 7pm and some others, has essentially sold out every TG2 show before 10pm from opening until yesterday. Already at like 25%/33%/40% sold for the 3 shows today - the high demand and limited supply for PLFs keeps pushing business forward 

Long winded way of saying I’m expecting $12M+ for Wednesday (-20%), 11M+ for Thursday, and then a 5.5-6x for a second weekend in low to mid $60Ms for TG2

I wonder if theaters will hold a PLF show for TG2 for the whole month of June for weekends (through July 4), even after Jurassic and Lightyear get the format - especially for Father's Day weekend...

Bird in the hand type of play, especially at the off the coast theaters...

If this can manage a sub 50% second weekend drop after it’s boosted day to day numbers last weekend I think we really might be in for a hell of a run here

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

If this can manage a sub 50% second weekend drop after it’s boosted day to day numbers last weekend I think we really might be in for a hell of a run here

I'm hoping so. Not had excitement like this for a run in years. 

• Like 3

The $75M predictions are actually insane and are not based on reality. The OW would've been likely lower than $120M without the holiday boost. 75M basically means a 35% drop from a 'regular' weekend which isn't realistic at all when we're dealing with numbers of this magnitude. Actually a $63M+ weekend would be freaking fantastic. A sub 50% drop coming off of such an inflated weekend is huge. Even Aladdin dropped by over 53% in 2nd wknd and that went on to make 3.89x OW. 

• Like 1

From Deadline

EntTelligence reports that the final 4-day admissions figure for Top Gun 2 is 12 million patrons. Because of higher ticket prices compared to 2007 when At World’s End was released, the latter film pulled in more people (yes, including previews) with 19.5M over its 4-day weekend.

Average ticket price for big blockbusters have gone bonkers !!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

At this point, these sky-high ticket prices will scare away many people from watching movies in theaters. And in many other cases, it will make people choose now between the movie(s) they can afford to see in a month. Could be that Top Gun breaking out so much will cause Dominion to suffer because of it and then Lightyear could suffer from the family crowd maybe choosing between it and Dominion.

• Like 2

Movies benefit during economic declines since its the cheapest form of live entertainment, I don't think these prices will hurt movies since people do have the choice of seeing movies in standard format which is much cheaper than PLFs which skew prices up

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

29 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

At this point, these sky-high ticket prices will scare away many people from watching movies in theaters. And in many other cases, it will make people choose now between the movie(s) they can afford to see in a month. Could be that Top Gun breaking out so much will cause Dominion to suffer because of it and then Lightyear could suffer from the family crowd maybe choosing between it and Dominion.

We're already seeing a consumer collapse  - look at Amazon's latest results as one major indicator. We'll see higher peaks, lower troughs. 

The stage is set. 

51 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

From Deadline

Average ticket price for big blockbusters have gone bonkers !!!!

Jesus christ, I thought it'd be at least a bit lower for a movie like Top Gun as against a big superhero movie, but that's still well over a $13 ATP for the opening weekend.