EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

If you dont like whats asked reframe the question to something else to divert people from the fact you dont have a clue what your talking about.

Political speak 101.

Dude I misread the box office stats.

That's it.

My instinct is the reason i made the UNDER 80M club. These Japanese adaptations don't sell. Edge of Tomorrow, Ghost in the shell flopped. However, it looks like the movie will be fun, so...what do i know

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How about if Bullet Train makes 170m DOM I'll quit the forums for a month?

But if doesn't you quit for a month?

:sparta:

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Happy to take that bet. You can decide how long the ban is. From 1 month to forever.

You guys are weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Yes

1 month

The truth is the movie looks small in scope, so i could see a total underperformance of around 60M, but August is empty, so legs should be good

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Tom Cruise is such an anomoly. 

What are other major stars from the 90's putting out?

Tom Hanks has the straight to streaming Pinocchio. 

Brad Pitt has some mega-niche train movie.

Will Smith's King Richard can't even crack 20m domestic.

Meanwhile Tom Cruise is challenging MCU/JW and has another major IP coming out next year.

They are all huge draws in the right role. 

Off topic - but it looks like due to Hollywood’s new windowing, as well as there being less films coming out, for the month of June there’s only 3 NEW major studio films being released for legal home viewing: “Downton Abbey”, “Doctor Strange”, and “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent”. I don’t think it’s ever been so dry.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Just to be clear this is O/U 40 m dom total for Bullet Train.

Yes. You said 30-40. I will let you have the higher estimate because it is not going to matter. 

Edited by Ronin46
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Off topic - but it looks like due to Hollywood’s new windowing, as well as there being less films coming out, for the month of June there’s only 3 NEW major studio films being released for legal home viewing: “Downton Abbey”, “Doctor Strange”, and “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent”. I don’t think it’s ever been so dry.

That is what you think until JW3 opens under $50m and gets the 17 day window!

Before anyone gets upset...

Joking Just Kidding GIF

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Just to be clear this is O/U 40 m dom total for Bullet Train.

You called the movie niche, i'd say it looks to me it targets the hipster action movie crowd. It's not the usual action movie