SLAM!

Barbarian | September 9, 2022 | 20th Century Studios | Airbnb Thriller | Bill Skarsgard is in it

On 8/30/2022 at 10:48 PM, Krissykins said:

How was it?

Doesn't have a UK date yet so I’m wondering if it’ll goto Disney+ here instead? 

Very strange, the trailer did a great job at revealing nothing. I don’t think the general audience is going to like it much, it will probably be too out there for them. At Frightfest they said their was currently no uk plans for the movie yet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Very strange, the trailer did a great job at revealing nothing. I don’t think the general audience is going to like it much, it will probably be too out there for them. At Frightfest they said their was currently no uk plans for the movie yet.

Ah that sucks. Seen it’s only going into 2,200 in the US aswell, maybe a dump. 

54 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reviews on September 7 

Apparently there's a LOT to spoil and the trailer truly didn't gave anything away

Two horror critics I follow didn’t it (they write for IGN & Collider). But I’m looking forward to it, I have only seen the first half of the first teaser so will happily go in blind. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ah that sucks. Seen it’s only going into 2,200 in the US aswell, maybe a dump. 

I don’t know if Disney necessarily knows what to do with a horror film like this. If this becomes a sleeper hit with its audience then the amount of theaters will probably climb up over time.

Edited by SLAM!

80 metacritic, wow

the first half of september is also pretty dead, why is this only releasing in 2.2k theaters?

are there any recent examples of movies expanding from 2k to 4k theathers?