EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

32 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It looks like Monday should be around $11.5m.  Very early and sort of a guess, but looks positive.  

Is it possible for Thursday to be bigger than this? Wondering if $15M Friday is possible…

40 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Is it possible for Thursday to be bigger than this? Wondering if $15M Friday is possible…

probably not with JW:D coming out, but I'd wager there's a faint chance that this thing does $10M+ for the entire weekday

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

probably not with JW:D coming out, but I'd wager there's a faint chance that this thing does $10M+ for the entire weekday

I'm crossing my fingers for a sub-50% drop in its third weekend. What's your final prediction for TGM?

I know people are aware of Dominion's opening. I don't deny it will have an effect but offshore markets where dinos already ramped didn't see a significant impact on Maverick. Brazil only fell 9% and even Mexico which is a heavily front-loaded market only saw a 36% decrease which is extremely rare.

Even after losing premium and IMAX screens I think we shouldn't rule out another impressive weekend for Maverick.

• Like 2

This, as well as the fact that TGM is holding well in the European/Japan markets which can sustain multiple big films. Doesn't seem to be dropping off that much in LATM and South East Asia as well which typically is quite frontloaded. In fact it's looking to do at least 3x from opening in SEA considering minor drops and even increases in some of them. Probably a good sign for the Domestic market this weekend.

12 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I know people are aware of Dominion's opening. I don't deny it will have an effect but offshore markets where dinos already ramped didn't see a significant impact on Maverick. Brazil only fell 9% and even Mexico which is a heavily front-loaded market only saw a 36% decrease which is extremely rare.

Even after losing premium and IMAX screens I think we shouldn't rule out another impressive weekend for Maverick.

It seems Ambulance and Firestarter are getting the double screening with Dominion over Bad Guys which is odd considering one is much closer to a milestone.

12 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Where would $11.5M rank among 2nd Mondays (non-Holiday) ?

Counting winter break as holiday I think the biggest 2nd mon is JW1 11.56M followed by Endgame 10.7M (nonsummer) and TDK 10.5 and I2 10.4

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Counting winter break as holiday I think the biggest 2nd mon is JW1 11.56M followed by Endgame 10.7M (nonsummer) and TDK 10.5 and I2 10.4

wow. So $11.5M for TGM on 2nd Monday is quite a big deal then

13 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Where would $11.5M rank among 2nd Mondays (non-Holiday) ?

Just looked it up.

Assuming any day between Christmas and New Year’s counts as a “holiday”, the current record is Jurassic World with just under $11.6M.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It seems Ambulance and Firestarter are getting the double screening with Dominion over Bad Guys which is odd considering one is much closer to a milestone.

Maybe Universal will pair BG up with Minion, like Sing 2 with BG. 

• Like 1