EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

37 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$9m for TG2 on Thursday.  

Wrote this in the weekend thread, but for perspective, a $9M second Thursday off a $38M opening Saturday is still an incredible hold. For comparison, No Way Home had dropped 72% in that time frame, during holidays, while TG2 was only -76%. Incredibles 2 was -82.6%

Just had to come in for a landing at some point, but this is a one time PLF shock

• Like 1

With a massive tent pole like Jurassic world entering into the market, it was inevitable that Top Gun would leave some steam. That's not an indictment of the film it's just the way the box office works. It seems like we're getting back to a little bit of normalcy when it comes to the box office now so there shouldn't be any panic.

500 mill is pretty much locked and loaded. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

No idea.  Just one of the ones that popped up. 

I had clicked on it at first and saw it was posted by Mint Mobile, but didn't think it was actually their content. But it is, it's from a commercial called "Carpet Showers", which makes me want to get a carpet shower. lol 

• Founder / Operator
17 hours ago, Travod said:

I don't know, there's ads and then there's whatever is going on with this forum specifically. It's like auto-full screen pop ups that don't easily close, then five ads between each comment in a thread, just weird spacing all around, just.. not great Jim :(

Odd. I see ads because I run my accounts with all ads turned on so I can get the same experience as guests and free account members, but not quite what you're describing. Could you send some screenshots in a private message so I can look into it?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Travod said:

I don't know, there's ads and then there's whatever is going on with this forum specifically. It's like auto-full screen pop ups that don't easily close, then five ads between each comment in a thread, just weird spacing all around, just.. not great Jim :(

I too get 4-5 ads in a row between posts fairly frequently. At first I thought it was purposeful but perhaps its a glitch on certain devices. Only ever on my phone (in safari). Never on desktop browser.  

32 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I too get 4-5 ads in a row between posts fairly frequently. At first I thought it was purposeful but perhaps its a glitch on certain devices. Only ever on my phone (in safari). Never on desktop browser.  

It’s a nightmare when the posts are small. Each post is sandwiched between four identical ads for washing machines for me on mobile, so I often just scroll past them. 

The desktop version is much better, yeah. 

Edited by awkwardaardvark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Please be 9.1M for TGM at least. 

Dinos hit hard which was expected. We just didn't want to believe it. That said, TGM will stabilize. 500M+ is still in crosshairs, no? 

Ha ha , called it! ✈️

14 minutes ago, awkwardaardvark said:

It’s a nightmare when the posts are small. Each post is sandwiched between four identical ads for washing machines for me on mobile, so I often just scroll past them. 

The desktop version is much better, yeah. 

I get them on both my phone and laptop. I understand the necessity for having the exact same ad in between posts 3 times, you know just in case I missed the first 2, but once we get to 4 or 5 it becomes a bit excessive.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Travod said:

I usually don't care about ads, and I do know that they are necessary, but lately I've been getting the same type of ads you mention (I think) and those are a pain in the ass.

It take them 5 seconds to slide from the top from the bottom and then other 5 seconds to slide from bottom to top. Worst thing is that I get them every single time I move from one page to another.

9.1m, that's below the second Thursday of Alvin and the Chipmunks 🤣

Only #15 for second Thursday:

1. TFA: $22.9m

2. NWH: $20.7m

3. TLJ: $19.5m

4. RO: $16.7m

5. Avatar: $14.7m

6. ROTK: $12.8m (LOTR3)

7. Titanic: $11.6m

8. Jumanji 2: $11.2

9. Hobbit 2: $10.5m

10. Hobbit 1: $10.1m

11. Incredibles 2: $10m

12. Alvin and the Chipmunks: $9.5m

13: Hobbit 3: $9.3m

14: TROS: $9.3m

15: TGM: $9.1m

Frozens 4th (well 5th, it opened on a Wednesday) would place here! with $9.1m

16: JW: $8.9m

Only 15h highest 2nd Thursday (Movies that opened earlier have 0th Thursday).

But 2nd best outside of Christmas, only behind Incredibles 2.

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

It'll be a shame if $500m+ seems underwhelming (it is objectively amazing for this film) after the $600-700m talk.

Only people who hyped themselves up too much would be disappointed and they still shoudnt be. When a movie outgrosses even the most optimistic predictions after 2 weeks, nobody should call anything about it disappointing.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cdsacken said:

nope I’m saying even if JWD disappoints versus expectations I think lightyear exceeds expectations. Fallen Kingdom sucks, no idea if JWD willl meet expectations. Looks bad but it’s a huge film.

Thanks for clarifying and sharing your opinion.