Eric Atreides

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah i know they'll celebrate if it doesn't perform well, i personally know few.

But message to them, this is only temporary, this franchise will come back..... And better than ever. 

Extinction..... Is not an option here. 

Yup. Agree. They'll reinvent it again. Too lucrative not to do so. Like Star Wars, it's not going anywhere. If anything, just a hiatus. Again, it's not like this one isn't going to come close to or clear 1B WW.

• Like 2

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yup. Agree. They'll reinvent it again. Too lucrative not to do so. Like Star Wars, it's not going anywhere. If anything, just a hiatus. Again, it's not like this one isn't going to come close to or clear 1B WW.

Its Universals biggest franchise. Both Fast & Furious and Despicable Me have been on somewhat of a downwards spiral and while Dominion wont come close to Fallen Kingdoms WW gross (1,3B), it will still do at the bare minimum something like 850M WW.

They just need to give the movies a hiatus and cook up cool new ideas. If they do it right, Jurassic Park 7 could be really huge again.

2 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

It's not an argument. They personally don't like JWD, so they personally don't want it to do well. Not that deep.

Not wanting something to do well =/= something not doing well just because they happen to dislike it.

48 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Tbf if NWH and Top Gun have shown us anything, is that the box office is still capable of delivering surprise megahits on a consistent basis

I always have a theory , pending proven or falsified in this weekend. Contrary to general belief, I don't think TGM will hurt JWD. In fact, I think TGM pave the way or at least rebuild the goodwill for the return of non-frequent or older moviegoers that aged 40+. Guess who else is trying to lure older moviegoers? JWD, which the original JP was top IP for kids and teenage back then. 

The synergy provided by TGM to movie business can benefit its immediate successor. 

Also, look at how JWD perform in LA region including Mexico, it is safe to assume the Latino in USA will follow suit and they have been main driver of moviegoing in the past decade.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Its Universals biggest franchise. Both Fast & Furious and Despicable Me have been on somewhat of a downwards spiral and while Dominion wont come close to Fallen Kingdoms WW gross (1,3B), it will still do at the bare minimum something like 850M WW.

They just need to give the movies a hiatus and cook up cool new ideas. If they do it right, Jurassic Park 7 could be really huge again.

Like how expectations went from 1.4 billion to 1.1-1.2 billion to somehow 1 billion to now 800-900 million.

But it happens sometimes, it'll still be very profitable and it could be brushed under being released in pandemic and war market.

Under completely normal conditions, 800-900 million would've been disastrous lol. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't think you should necessarily want something to underperform just because you dislike it but idk, everytime a MCU movie drops I hope they disappoint so can't really blame people 

Yeah that's where I was getting at. I get "I don't want this movie to do well cause I don't like it", but "this movie won't do well cause I don't like it" is silly.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I always have a theory , pending proven or falsified in this weekend. Contrary to general belief, I don't think TGM will hurt JWD. In fact, I think TGM pave the way or at least rebuild the goodwill for the return of non-frequent or older moviegoers that aged 40+. Guess who else is trying to lure older moviegoers? JWD, which the original JP was top IP for kids and teenage back then. 

The synergy provided by TGM to movie business can benefit its immediate successor. 

Also, look at how JWD perform in LA region including Mexico, it is safe to assume the Latino in USA will follow suit and they have been main driver of moviegoing in the past decade.   

Your words in the movie gods ears.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Like how expectations went from 1.4 billion to 1.1-1.2 billion to somehow 1 billion to now 800-900 million.

But it happens sometimes, it'll still be very profitable and it could be brushed under being released in pandemic and war market.

Under completely normal conditions, 800-900 million would've been disastrous lol. 

For the record, 850M is really the worst-case scenario imo with low openings and bad legs around the globe. I think its a lot more likely that it ends up at 950M - 1B. But this all depends ofc in its Worldwide performance this weekend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

Not wanting something to do well =/= something not doing well just because they happen to dislike it.

Sure, but this is the post they were originally referring to (emphasis my own):

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

Just here for the TGM run. JWD is a bad movie, so I hope it collapses fast and TGM is again number 1. 😌

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Jurassic World appealing to younger and less white audiences is what's going to be it's saving grace considering they haven't had anything since Doctor Strange.

And overall, the family audience. As huge as Top Gun is and as much as it has expanded its audience, i personally dont really believe that it has become a family movie yet and i mean familys with younger kids with that. It is probably expanding to them as well as i write this, but this is still an audience where Jurassic World Dominion has a ton of appeal.

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

And overall, the family audience. As huge as Top Gun is and as much as it has expanded its audience, i personally dont really believe that it has become a family movie yet and i mean familys with younger kids with that. It is probably expanding to them as well as i write this, but this is still an audience where Jurassic World Dominion has a ton of appeal.

I did go with family opening weekend saturday morning Dolby show and there were many families over there. Boys do love aerial action for sure. This is starting to penetrate more than just the boomer audience. Its not making 600m+ just targeting boomer audience. 

• Like 2