The Wild Eric

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I will only be able to finally watch Top Gun Maverick next weekend as well.

Might go tomorrow - and watch JWD on Monday or next Friday - kinda want to watch it before Lightyear opens - cause that might get the largest screen. But they still haven't posted showtimes - so they either will do it Monday or Tuesday (for Thursday - do they have any confidence in this movie?)

10 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I haven't even watched it once, I wanted to got to the cinema on Friday to watch top gun and today for JWD. Neither worked out and I wasn't motivated enough to go to the 11 pm showing.

And 11 % of the posts in this tread were made by you...

11%!!!!!

Just 11%?  It seemed like a lot more.  JK  @Brainbug the Dinosaur.  I enjoy the energy you bring.  Nothing wrong with liking a certain franchise\type of movie.

Edited by DC Rich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im doing my best. Though i hope im not an annoyance to everyone at this point :ph34r:

IMHO, you're a good mix of supporting your film while also making reasonable, grounded arguments. Refreshing.  I appreciate your presence - threads aren't as fun to read when they're all negative perspectives. :)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I was thinking. It would have made a lot of sense if they got the I Kill Giants guy to direct the third installment. Very much in vein to the fantasy child-dealing-with-trauma stuff that Bayona did in A Monster Calls.

right in that vein i think they should get the book of henry guy to make the next one.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I haven't even watched it once, I wanted to got to the cinema on Friday to watch top gun and today for JWD. Neither worked out and I wasn't motivated enough to go to the 11 pm showing.

And 11 % of the posts in this tread were made by you...

11%!!!!!

I think we know somebody who can make that attendance up on your behalf….

@Brainbug the Dinosaur……..

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

IMHO, you're a good mix of supporting your film while also making reasonable, grounded arguments. Refreshing.  I appreciate your presence - threads aren't as fun to read when they're all negative perspectives. :)

Peace,

Mike

Agreed! 

It’s nice to have a forum member so passionate about a specific film/franchise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What are we expecting for Lightyear next weekend? I feel like nobody cares about it and an opening in the 60s wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about the number, but if it isn’t a breakout I think it might solidify animation/family specific films to being destined for day and date streaming

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What are we expecting for Lightyear next weekend? I feel like nobody cares about it and an opening in the 60s wouldn't surprise me.

I think the consensus is around 80M. I'm personally going with 103M

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have no idea honestly. Lightyear could gross 50M or 120M next weekend and both woudnt really shock me. On the one hand, its a Toy Story spin-off and Buzz is a beloved character (Yes, i know its not the Toy Story Buzz 😅) and besides The Bad Guys, there hasnt been an animated family movie for quite a while. Also a space action setting looks and sound cool to me.

On the other hand, i also dont feel the hype for it. Maybe very good reviews could built momentum there, but while the trailer looked great visually, they didnt really sell the story that great imo.

If i had to guess, id say 70-85M OW for it. Fathers Day will probably help a bit, since a space astronaut action movie sounds like a solid choice for that day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/79137-most-cinema-productions-attended-same-film

Guinness has a record for who attended theatres the most for a single movie. Currently it belongs to a Marvel Fan who watched No Way Home 292 times. Wonder if @Brainbug the Dinosaur it's a worthy opponent with JWD

Nope. Im a fanboy, but not a lunatic. Also, i dont have the money for more than 14-18ish viewings. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Thanks kinda where I’m at, in the $60-$70M range, but I know many (if not most) are higher. The super late pre-sale start  makes comping difficult, but mid to high single digits is the general range, and TS4 only managed a ~10x, so expecting LY’s IM to be lower 

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

Thanks kinda where I’m at, in the $60-$70M range, but I know many (if not most) are higher. The super late pre-sale start  makes comping difficult, but mid to high single digits is the general range, and TS4 only managed a ~10x, so expecting LY’s IM to be lower 

It will need to open above $80m to get a $200m total. Reviews will make or break.

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

So 600m still a possibility for TGM?

likely not as I stated before Friday. People expected WAY too much after it getting insane competition this week. Next week is Lightyear

still 550 would be amazing and double the original expectations