Eric Atreides

Thunderbolts | May 2, 2025 | MCU | Production halted due to writers strike, Miss Flo won't write the dialogue

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Jolie. 35.5m for Eternals

Uhhh…..   

Hoping there is some misunderstanding here, because that is not a reasonable number for that (or any) actress to do 20 minutes of screentime.

Edited by Legion By Night
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

There's no way that's accurate. 

Jolie is among the highest paid stars in hollywood for any movie. For her to star in a blockbuster movie, I would expect it to have stronger deal. Either higher upfront or backend participation. Not sure what she went for here but to me its not a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Jolie is among the highest paid stars in hollywood for any movie. For her to star in a blockbuster movie, I would expect it to have stronger deal. Either higher upfront or backend participation. Not sure what she went for here but to me its not a surprise. 

I think this could be an advance payment for multiple MCU movies.

52 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That article says she's "the second highest-paid actress in the world, beaten by Sofia Vergara" (who sees most of her income from TV gigs and product endorsements), which sounds off when she hasn't been the celebrity ambassador for any of these well-paying brands for a while (nor is it likely she got paid that much for Eternals given how little she had to do in it). Guessing that number is based on unsubstantiated rumors, especially when she didn't make Variety's official list: Biggest Movie Stars' Salaries: From Daniel Craig to Dwayne Johnson - Variety

Edited by filmlover

42 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That article says she's "the second highest-paid actress in the world, beaten by Sofia Vergara" (who sees most of her income from TV gigs and product endorsements), which sounds off when she hasn't been the celebrity ambassador for any of these well-paying brands for a while (nor is it likely she got paid that much for Eternals given how little she had to do in it). Guessing that number is based on unsubstantiated rumors, especially when she didn't make Variety's official list: Biggest Movie Stars' Salaries: From Daniel Craig to Dwayne Johnson - Variety

Source of that claim is from Forbes. They dont throw around numbers. 

2 hours ago, thajdikt said:

I also enjoyed Black Widow. Also it makes sense given that three characters from said movie is apart of the team. Also think they meshing it in with The Thunderbolts rather than a straight up Black Widow 2 is a smart choice

Exactly. It really does feel like a BW sequel. Like it's not shoehorned in to be such.

Edited by Verrows

On 6/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, SpiderByte said:

They can't do the big twist of the original run (mainly because that genie can't be out back in the bottle)

can you please spoil what that is?

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

can you please spoil what that is?

Oh it's the first issue. The big reveal is that they're secretly the Masters of Evil in disguise. It doesn't work in the MCU because the Masters aren't an established villain team and there'd be no way to keep that secret until the movie came out. Basically Marvel spent months hyping up Thunderbolts as a new team of heroes, big ad push, early cameos in other comics, presenting all of them as new characters when in reality they're all established villains.

For an MCU comparison, imagine if at the end of Shang-Chi he pulled his face off and revealed himself as secretly being Ultron the whole time. Or if they like had a fake cast that they promoted as playing the team and they were actually all played by other actors from previous movies.

This movie is taking the more modern versions of the team where they're reforming/antihero types.

marvel-thunderbolts-villain-reveal.jpeg

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 2:55 PM, Krissykins said:

I too am happy this is like a Black Widow sequel. Great casting so far. 

Rumours of Ghost being dropped, any truth to that? 

Late answer but the actress confirmed the other day that she is indeed in the movie. 

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/marvels-thunderbolts-lee-sung-jin-co-writer-beef-steven-yeun-1235567387/

"Lee Sung Jin, creator and showrunner of Netflix’s “Beef,” is joining Marvel’s upcoming “Thunderbolts” as the new writer. Lee is stepping in for Eric Pearson (“Black Widow”), who was the first announced writer on the project.

Lee has previously written for “Tuca & Bertie,” “Dave” and “Silicon Valley.” “Thunderbolts” will be his first writing credit on a produced feature film.

The gig is a reunion with “Beef” director Jake Schreier, who is directing the Marvel movie, and costar Steven Yeun, a member of the film’s sprawling ensemble cast"

Kinda bummed out to be honest. I like Pearson work in the MCU (BW and Ragnarok) and it´s quite worrying that a new writer is stepping in when production is about to start in two months but it´s what the MCU always does and sometimes it works other times it don´t.