The Wild Eric

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

9 minutes ago, wattage said:

Make more than the Marvels or make more than Cap 4? 

More than both of them. Marvels just had too much going against it.

2 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Looks like Black Widow Part 2.  I thought Black Widow was a middle of the road MCU flick.  My guess is Ant Man 3 worldwide numbers for Thunderbolts. 

This feel like a spinoff of BW and Captain America. You have 3 super soldier guys linked to Cap. We just need a comedy relief which I assume is Red Guardian, everyone else is so damn serious.

48 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This was from before the lawsuit. It does support the rumor that this was originally developed as more of a Black Widow 2 though

Was it? 

Thunderbolts was announced as being in active development in July 2022. ScarJo filed her lawsuit in July 2021. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Was it? 

Thunderbolts was announced as being in active development in July 2022. ScarJo filed her lawsuit in July 2021. 

To be clear I mean the story, not that it was actually Black Widow 2. Reportedly it was much more focused on the returning characters from Black Widow

I really liked the trailer, having not been particularly interested in the movie despite liking most of the actors/characters and enjoying anti hero team ups in general. It's made me more excited than Cap 4 and the poster gives it some interest beyond the usual "floating heads" thing. 

No idea how it will do though. 

Really looking forward to this. My favorite MCU is practical street level MCU and if it even comes close to Winter Soldier I will be happy. I would be happy with a Black Widow level movie which is underrated IMO. Having the two best characters from that movie only helps. Florence has killed it from the beginning and Harbor is great comic relief. Will it be a big hit? Not sure but it will do at least double possibly triple if really good.  that first weekend of May what The Fall Guy did this year. That movie deserved so much better. But oh well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Looks like there’s some debate about whether the poster was AI generated. Some people claim that it looks like Sentry has six fingers in the poster, while others say it’s just an awkward angle. 

It's not AI generated. People are just losing braincells by the minute on twitter.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Looks like there’s some debate about whether the poster was AI generated. Some people claim that it looks like Sentry has six fingers in the poster, while others say it’s just an awkward angle. 

Who cares if it means the end of the Floating Heads Reign of Terror

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, judestar619 said:

Most people online seem to like the trailer, I personally thought it looked incredibly uninspired, but either way I'm still sceptical that this will translate into audience interest. The cast is just rough, full of side characters from unremarkable movies and shows that people didn't give a shit about.

I honestly thought Yelena was just SO low energy...the whole trailer was weirdly low energy and low.  I felt like everyone needed energy drinks.  It seemed slog-like, vs fun, although I guess the whole point of the plot is that they are in a low energy, uncertain part of their lives...

No idea if what doesn't seem to work in 3 minutes for me works much better in 120...3 minutes+ was a really long trailer to have a low energy vibe...

not sure why this would make more than 300M worldwide. Not only does it seem to have many things people complain about with Marvel movies today (ugly visuals, too much humor) but it looks like a copy of Suicide Squad of all movies and is a follow up to a bunch of mediocre movies and web series. It's not 2014 anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1