The Wild Eric

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

On 11/17/2023 at 5:17 AM, SpiderByte said:

This was true for the fucking Avengers. For months, months, people were saying "they need to Batgirl Echo, nobody wants Echo, she's not popular" until the trailer came out

And the was even more true for Guaradians Of the Galaxy. Who the hell outside the hardcore Comic fans had ever heard of them before the movie>

I am not saying Thunderbolts will be be another GOTG, but writing it off because the charecters are not well know is silly.

If anything,it is a little better off then GOTG because Yelana has had some exposure.

And you get the usually bitching that is not just like the comics. Feige has never hesistated to make changes from the comics if he thingks it will make  a better movie.

I have to laugh at the 'It's like the Avegers used unknown chatecters " argument. Tha Avengers were, much, much,much better known to the non comic book geek audience..which makes up most of the audience.....then "Thunderbolts"

That is problem is the hardcore Comic fans;They think everybody is a hard core comic book fan.

I have no idea how "Thunderbolts" will do, but I find the reasons for automatic ally writing it off to be weak.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Really looking forward to this. My favorite MCU is practical street level MCU and if it even comes close to Winter Soldier I will be happy. I would be happy with a Black Widow level movie which is underrated IMO. Having the two best characters from that movie only helps. Florence has killed it from the beginning and Harbor is great comic relief. Will it be a big hit? Not sure but it will do at least double possibly triple if really good.  that first weekend of May what The Fall Guy did this year. That movie deserved so much better. But oh well.

As someone who could argue that WInter Soldires is one of the best MCU movies, I agree.

SOme of the dislike for this movie seems to be from a couple of people who seem to feel that everything the MCU needs to be cosmic with a heavy sci fi/fantasy content and heros with amazing super powers.. I strongly disagree. Perhaps the most popular MCU charecter,,,Spiderman works bet in s street level setting. They got away with Spidey NWH, but they can keep doing it forever. evne the animated SPideyverse films keeps a lot of the "freindly Neighborhood Spiderman " concpet, must in a number of multiversee...

And Daredevil would simply not work if it were not grounded or gritty.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

not sure why this would make more than 300M worldwide. Not only does it seem to have many things people complain about with Marvel movies today (ugly visuals, too much humor) but it looks like a copy of Suicide Squad of all movies and is a follow up to a bunch of mediocre movies and web series. It's not 2014 anymore.

Because the GA is more then a set of prejudices.

I don;t think the complains were that Marvel movies had to omuch humor, but that the humor was not funny.

• Like 1

After 12 hours: 

YouTube - 8.3M views, 345k likes

Instagram - 5.3M views, 465K likes 

Tik Tok - 543K views, 58k likes 

Captain America BNW after 12 hours 

Youtube - 8.7M 

Instagram - 13.9M 

Tik Tok - 4.4M 

I wasn't expecting this to be at the same level but yeah...idk what happened to TikTok. 

Edit: Just realized that for Instagram it has been posted in two accounts and the views aren't counted as one like Captain America, the other is at 4.9M right now. 

Edited by Mickiland16

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

$220M would be less than one half of GOTG 1 adjusted (good comp because that was also a group of D-list characters)

Gotg1 was an extremely good movie at a time when the franchise was doing extremely well. Doing like 65% of admits would be awesome but I think the median case has to be lower