The Wild Eric

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

No one really knows how this will do.

But it amusing to see how people have gone from "Marvel Can Do No Wrong" to "Marvel can do no right".

And I detect a hostility toward this movie since it is trying to get away from the Big Cosmic Storyline that has dominated the MCU since endgame. I, for one,like the idea of more grounded, gritty MCU movie. 

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I thought most people *wanted* more grounded MCU content. That seems to be the general sentiment at least.

WHo really knows?

A lot people have basically turned on Marvel since the Marvles, and now they can do nothing right

I am unsure how this will do, but the trailer certain interested me more then the Cap 4 treailer.

And I a sort of a sucker for the "Dirty Dozen" storyline anyway.

• Like 3

As a huge MCU fanboy that is currently upset with most of the recent output, my problem with the MCU is that I just want it to go somewhere. We've had new heroes introduced and we still don't know what they're up to after 3+ years (like Shang Chi, new Black Panther, etc.), and no Avengers movies to tie things together and resolve plot threads. Everything just seems so disconnected and scattered. So for me, the next couple years seem really exciting because it seems like a lot of the set up is finally about to be paid off and things are moving forward. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, cinema pal said:

No, he has not. The fingers are just bent. His little finger goes out of frame and then we see its tip.

Those AI talks are silly

20240924-145056.jpg

I wasn’t saying it was AI, maybe it’s just a bad crop. Still looks weird to me. The base of his index finger is bizarrely thick if we’re going by your outlines. 

Anyway, won’t derail, just thought it was funny. 

On 9/23/2024 at 9:33 PM, Mickiland16 said:

After 12 hours: 

YouTube - 8.3M views, 345k likes

Instagram - 5.3M views, 465K likes 

Tik Tok - 543K views, 58k likes 

Captain America BNW after 12 hours 

Youtube - 8.7M 

Instagram - 13.9M 

Tik Tok - 4.4M 

I wasn't expecting this to be at the same level but yeah...idk what happened to TikTok. 

Edit: Just realized that for Instagram it has been posted in two accounts and the views aren't counted as one like Captain America, the other is at 4.9M right now. 

also somehow on TIktok other accoutns that posted it have a lot more views than the actual Marvel one somehow, maybe they posted it late there?

48 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

also somehow on TIktok other accoutns that posted it have a lot more views than the actual Marvel one somehow, maybe they posted it late there?

I checked and the time since it was posted is the same as in YouTube (2 days ago) so if it was late, it wasn't for more than an hour. But in the other places it was close to Captain America so still don't know what happened there. Other accounts could compensate though. 

After digging I couldn't find anything for Guardians except that it's trailer views were below Quantumania by some amount. And Quantumania was at 21 mill YouTube views at about 6 days. I said I'd dig so that's my report. Sorry I couldn't find much else. 

@Mickiland16 that's something for you

Edited by wattage
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gokai Red said:

As a huge MCU fanboy that is currently upset with most of the recent output, my problem with the MCU is that I just want it to go somewhere. We've had new heroes introduced and we still don't know what they're up to after 3+ years (like Shang Chi, new Black Panther, etc.), and no Avengers movies to tie things together and resolve plot threads. Everything just seems so disconnected and scattered. So for me, the next couple years seem really exciting because it seems like a lot of the set up is finally about to be paid off and things are moving forward. 

Maybe they should just concentrate on making good individua films, and the over arching story line will follow.

I think they made a mistake in they chose the wrong bif bad with Kang. Let's forget the whole scandal, Kang as they presnted him here never said 'THanos level mensce" to me.

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I’m of the opinion now that they should stop doing live action Disney plus shows and just do animated ones like X-Men 97.

As much as I like Agatha and as excited I am for Daredevil BA and partially the Vision show, I agree. It does feel like they are limiting how much they greenlight, but we still have Ironheart and Wonder Man fully filmed yet to come out... the later actually sounds fun but still. It does feel like there's too much content still. And don't forget they are developing Nova Corps.

5 hours ago, wattage said:

After digging I couldn't find anything for Guardians except that it's trailer views were below Quantumania by some amount. And Quantumania was at 21 mill YouTube views at about 6 days. I said I'd dig so that's my report. Sorry I couldn't find much else. 

@Mickiland16 that's something for you

That's not right / vague at best. The first Guardians trailer did well. But the social media landscape has changed a lot in 10 years. So difficult to compare.