The Wild Eric

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

Trailer looks low budget for a blockbuster movie and too janky to be a smashing success. There's no highs or euphoric explosions of astonishment. Personally, I like my previews to start off small and keep building & building. Each time higher than the previous step. Then Climax near the graph. Like an positive X Squared graph. Thunderbolt's teaser stuck around the middle the whole way through.  

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

That's not right / vague at best. The first Guardians trailer did well. But the social media landscape has changed a lot in 10 years. So difficult to compare.

Someone was asking about trailer views so I gave the info. I got the Quantumania number from the Quantumania thread on here and the Guardians 3 first trailer views being a bit below the first Quantumania trailer, not by how much but just that it was lower, also from the Guardians 3 thread on here. I just went back to the pages on the dates of the trailer drops and scrolled through for a few days after to see if there were any numbers. 

I think they're a not a 1:1 of final box office of how some movies will do at all but for movies like this it can help gauge initial interest at least since they're the ones who will watch trailers first to try and we can start figuring things out. How are people responding and things like that. Deadpool 3 having massive trailer views was one piece of many that led me to believe that would be a smash hit but just trailer views alone aren't enough to tell how things are gonna go. If it was just that it would've been meaningless, its that combined with other things like months of engagement around it and polling and then tracking that ultimately helped form a real picture. I don't think they're meaningless numbers, these are views by real people and part of the marketing campaign. I just think you need to caution people against calling things a hit in the making or flops just off one piece of information. 

Edited by wattage