IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

1st Trend

Avatar 2 640k (-45%/-52% i.P.) 2,45M ~$34, 7M

Puss in boots 2 150k

Hotzenplotz 47,5k (-37%) 302,5k

Oskars Kleid 45k

...dance with somebody 37,5k

With christmas eve on saturday drops are worse than they would be otherwise but the following days from Monday on will make up for it. 

Edited by Aristis
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Is there something off with that number? If the total sum is correct, then it would mean it had made 680k on weekdays? And the trend is for Thursday-Sunday? Seems a bit off.

Not necessarily:

Saturday (the strongest day is dead) and Sunday (2nd strongest is muted) - Monday through Wednesday next week should be insane though.

22nd: 200k

23rd: 260k

24th: 40k

25th: 180k

For Rogue One in 2016, the second set of weekdays was 70% higher than the first - for Avatar that would mean 1150k (that would be among the best weekdays ever - thinking the record is around 1270-1300k or though) if you look at the second weekdays with the second weekend you would end up with just 900k for the weekdays.

Next weekend should stay flat or see an increase (so the range is 600-700k).

After that, it would be at 4400-4500k (and above Minions).

Rouge One did about 1088k after its third weekend of a 460k weekend, so Avatar should at least do 1400-1650k for 5800-6150k.

I'd expect it to come in higher though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Not necessarily:

Saturday (the strongest day is dead) and Sunday (2nd strongest is muted) - Monday through Wednesday next week should be insane though.

22nd: 200k

23rd: 260k

24th: 40k

25th: 180k

Yeah, sure, I'm not questioning that it can do that on the weekend. It seems reasonable. However, if it reaches 2.65M at the end of Sunday with that weekend it will have done around 680k weekdays. According the reported grosses it has made about $6.8m between Monday and Wednesday. That would mean around 460k tickets according to the ATP of the last weekend. This is what I mean, something seems off. Maybe there's something I'm missing, I don't know.

Edited by Dale Cooper

1 hour ago, Dale Cooper said:

Is there something off with that number? If the total sum is correct, then it would mean it had made 680k on weekdays? And the trend is for Thursday-Sunday? Seems a bit off.

Actually you could be right. 1,63M until Tue, then stronger than OD on Wed but with 200k on Thu probably not like 380k. So maybe it's 200k too much... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dale Cooper said:

Yeah, sure, I'm not questioning that it can do that on the weekend. It seems reasonable. However, if it reaches 2.65M at the end of Sunday with that weekend it will have done around 680k weekdays. According the reported grosses it has made about $6.8m between Monday and Wednesday. That would mean around 460k tickets according to the ATP of the last weekend. This is what I mean, something seems off. Maybe there's something I'm missing, I don't know.

Sorry, yeah, you are completely right.

2.45m after Sunday -> 480k weekdays

So next weekday around 900k - hoping for more.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, Issac Newton said:

CHRISTMAS TRENDS

#1. Avatar - The Way of Water - 660K

#2. Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - 150K

#3. Der Räuber Hotzenplotz - 50K

#4. Oskars Kleid - 35K

#5. I Wanna Dance with Somebody - 35K

#6. Ein Weihnachtsfest für Teddy - 22.5K

Unless today turns out kinda week - the weekend has to come in higher - yesterday honestly looked really good (for a Christmas eve) - at least for Avatar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aristis said:

Less than 40% drop is great considering the constellation. I *hope* for a 1M+ midweek and that wish shouldn't be too bold 👀

I think there is a very solid chance for 1m (like 85 %) - I hope for a bit more.

If we take Rogue One's weekend-to-weekday-ratio Avatar ends with 1003k over the weekdays.

Hoping for a better ratio - but I am not that certain.

46 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

8M admits is still on the table? 

On the table - yes - likely - not really. The coming weekdays and the following weekend should give us a lot better idea.

33 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

WOM seems excellent, this should be the biggest 24th-on-a-Sunday weekend ever! Sadly, onle one other release >50k ...

Saturday*

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danhjpn said:

8M admits is still on the table? 

It certainly is on the table (I'd say after this WE hold it's more probable than before but still far from certain - I'd still say 7M+). Will be interesting to see the drops after the holidays. 

21 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I think there is a very solid chance for 1m (like 85 %) - I hope for a bit more.

If we take Rogue One's weekend-to-weekday-ratio Avatar ends with 1003k over the weekdays.

Hoping for a better ratio - but I am not that certain.

Yeah, looking at RO and King Kong it should do around 1,4x its WE admissions for midweek so chances are good. 

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 1