Jump to content
IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Encanto wins Covid-depressed weekend

Recommended Posts

So as Taruseth expected, the 1st Trend was too optimistic...

 

Känguru 85k (-74%/-77%)

Invisible 40k (-60%)

My Spy 37,5k (i.P.)

Onward 35k (-78%/-81%)

Lady Business 27,5k (i.P.)

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 7:06 PM, IndustriousAngel said:

here in Tyrol all cinemas are closed now, not a single show. Shutdown will last AT LEAST a week but probably longer (first April weekend would be my most optimistic guess).

I think they will keep all things shutdown until easter.

 

Also I'd say all cinemas in Germany will close over the week and will stay closed until after easter at least.

 

DAX below 9000 points (last in year 2016). I think if it takes longer than easter to relax again we will see the DAX way lower and I'd say unemployment rate will go up to 10% or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany's Top10 last weekend:

 

title

admissions

th.

PTA

total adm

total €

drop

week

1

Die Känguru-Chroniken

89.263

736

121

540.438

4.611.631

-72

2

2

The Invisibla Man

39.368

455

87

307.051

2.793.471

-60

3

3

Nightlife

33.341

562

59

1.081.970

9.393.019

-70

5

4

Onward

33.279

593

56

240.349

1.958.663

-79

2

5

Bloodshot

22.585

331

68

93.439

842.129

-61

2

6

Narziss und Goldmund

21.997

464

47

22.678

199.777

-

1

7

The Gentlemen

21.168

391

54

246.145

2.129.723

-68

3

8

Sonic the Hedgehog

20.090

630

32

1.148.489

8.258.186

-82

5

9

My Spy

18.733

313

60

40.983

274.216

-

1

10

Parasite

12.955

424

31

961.649

8.410.421

-74

22

Yep, it's bad and it's going to get worse, but atm there are bigger problems. I just hope that as many cinemas as possible survive the difficult period.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Germany's Top10 last weekend:

 

 

 

 

title

 

admissions

 

th.

 

PTA

 

total adm

 

total €

 

drop

 

week

 

1

 

Die Känguru-Chroniken

 

89.263

 

736

 

121

 

540.438

 

4.611.631

 

-72

 

2

 

2

 

The Invisibla Man

 

39.368

 

455

 

87

 

307.051

 

2.793.471

 

-60

 

3

 

3

 

Nightlife

 

33.341

 

562

 

59

 

1.081.970

 

9.393.019

 

-70

 

5

 

4

 

Onward

 

33.279

 

593

 

56

 

240.349

 

1.958.663

 

-79

 

2

 

5

 

Bloodshot

 

22.585

 

331

 

68

 

93.439

 

842.129

 

-61

 

2

 

6

 

Narziss und Goldmund

 

21.997

 

464

 

47

 

22.678

 

199.777

 

-

 

1

 

7

 

The Gentlemen

 

21.168

 

391

 

54

 

246.145

 

2.129.723

 

-68

 

3

 

8

 

Sonic the Hedgehog

 

20.090

 

630

 

32

 

1.148.489

 

8.258.186

 

-82

 

5

 

9

 

My Spy

 

18.733

 

313

 

60

 

40.983

 

274.216

 

-

 

1

 

10

 

Parasite

 

12.955

 

424

 

31

 

961.649

 

8.410.421

 

-74

 

22

 

Yep, it's bad and it's going to get worse, but atm there are bigger problems. I just hope that as many cinemas as possible survive the difficult period.

I'd say it's going to get worse isn't what I would call it, Cinemaxx, Cinestar closed all their cinemas and some states have closed all, so I'd say today there probably were less than 1k people in cinema and by Thursday all cinemas will be closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single cinema open in Austria, and will stay so at least until April 19th but I suppose much longer; while overall some of the shutdown has to be reduced by then (people DO need other things besides beer and food), I don't see restaurants, cafes and so on opening anytime soon, even a date in May sounds rather optimistic. Cinemas are far down the list ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Aristis said:

So there are only two cinemas still playing in Germany, two drive-ins that had 1,892 admissions combined last WE. I wonder why there aren't more drive-ins still holding shows...

they needed a special permission, only 2 adults per car allowed, online booking only, no kiosk for snacks and so on.

Maybe its a question of which location has what kind of sanitary possibilities? Also its a per state permission thing, not all states here are under the same kind of restrictions / rules, a few are (far?) more restricted than others, see e.g. infected per 100000 citizens counts

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

they needed a special permission, only 2 adults per car allowed, online booking only, no kiosk for snacks and so on.

Maybe its a question of which location has what kind of sanitary possibilities? Also its a per state permission thing, not all states here are under the same kind of restrictions / rules, a few are (far?) more restricted than others, see e.g. infected per 100000 citizens counts

Hello. How are you? Been a long time. Are you well. Was thinking about you for few days now ever since Covid got serious in Europe.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hello. How are you? Been a long time. Are you well. Was thinking about you for few days now ever since Covid got serious in Europe.

Hi again 🙂 Thx a lot

As told in the Corona thread, I am at home now, but not since the same time than the pupils in our state. I still try to be a bit useful, also do at home some things.

Hubby is an at risk person (e.g. age and weight...), my brother is very high risk (he had 6 surgeries sine December for cancer in the ~ throat beside never having smoked cigarettes), myself I think am hopefully not at risk (not 100% clear, I did have had in the far far away past 2 times bad pneumonia, means lung volume is slightly less, but not in a real life impacting way, never ‚felt‘ it).

Hubby‘s store is closed, financially that is a bit bad for now, but as he did not take a vacation day since at least 5 years, 7 years if not counting a 3 day vacation, we take it as a much deserved and needed family vacation at home (adult son lives also here, but has his own area, with a common kitchen, son and me take turns, hubby can not cook (but can wash salad....).

 

How are you? How did your studies go? How will your next tests happen/work? Moved dates? 

Staying also at home? How is your family doing?

 

Good thing is, I have finally time again for BOT and even looked into another forum (son showed me something that does interest me). And I bought some under 4€ itunes movies, also Disney+ started this week, I am working in MY little wood-work-shop at home = not bored yet no going crazy yet 🤪 (better said: not going more crazy as usual 😉)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

How are you? How did your studies go? How will your next tests happen/work? Moved dates? 

Staying also at home? How is your family doing?

I am good. Country is on lockdown but not much impact on me as my routine was basically same earlier as well.

Studies are well better than they were year ago. I passed the CA Inter in June last year and now preparing for Final in November, which may be will be held in December perhaps.

 

Family is doing fine. Family business are agriculture and transportation, so food or groceries aren't worry as such. In my state, which is primarily agriculture state, people do maintain food stock for a year and harvest is due in next month. On brighter side, last week had very rare case in which all family members were home during day time, which I recall didn't happen in last 3 years except 2 days during cousin wedding.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am good. Country is on lockdown but not much impact on me as my routine was basically same earlier as well.

Studies are well better than they were year ago. I passed the CA Inter in June last year and now preparing for Final in November, which may be will be held in December perhaps.

 

Family is doing fine. Family business are agriculture and transportation, so food or groceries aren't worry as such. In my state, which is primarily agriculture state, people do maintain food stock for a year and harvest is due in next month. On brighter side, last week had very rare case in which all family members were home during day time, which I recall didn't happen in last 3 years except 2 days during cousin wedding.

Last June test I remember, but didn’t remember if you have 1/2-year tests of full year test or....

That sounds good, much time to learn I guess.

And helping the family? 

 

Family gatherings are not allowed here anymore since a week or so, that includes marriage parties, even funerals (depends on state and region, a few have a far bigger count than the most for reasons outside of the region, see the problems a ski-region somewhere else caused by not reacting to sick people working there and infecting seemingly a lot of visiting people). I think very small funerals should be o.K., not sure. In a near to me county the at risk people are not even allowed to buy groceries by themselves, they organized a cost-free bring service (the service is cost free, I think the groceries are not free for the able to pay).

 

Beside medical trips (pharmacy, doctor,...) and buying groceries, bank, putting gas into your tank... = Here you can meet as a solo person only one other person not living in your household e.g. outside, but you can take a walk with people who live in the same household and that is it.

No restaurant is allowed to seat people in any form, they can sell take away meals (not sure about pick up or driver?).

No non essential store is open, no clothes, shoes, sport, computer, whatever.

Not even DIY markets are open anymore (at the beginning those were on the exceptions list, so people can actually do something useful, not anymore since at least a week too).

You can drive here to work (if work is not closed), you can drive if you do support work, to grocery.... you can still drive for fun too, but they they you should stay near to where you live.

If too many again ignore it, they will probably forbid that too. The most of the rules that got more and more intense got so bcs too many people still ignored them, did not understand the exceptions and so on.

= very astonished about your family‘s gathering, there seem to be rather big differences still.

Family is good to see, very important I think, e.g. today I read about an 11y old who called the police here bcs both parents have to work and he felt stressed-out about being alone, was overwhelmed - cried whilst speaking to the call-center person, 2 cops came, made him a Nutella-bread... and calmed him down (I think he had a kind of panic attack). His world was alright again as his mom arrived. 

That is the bad part of working in a medical field or in a grocery store, police,... you can not stay at home, are not allowed to ‚park‘ you child with the age-based at risk grandparents or other high risk persons (if neighbor, always the same, small group only) and only children up to 6th grade can get a emergency thing at schools, if both parents work an important for that kind of situation profession. Not a fun time for one-child families. Or any family. Or anyone.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit OT:

for the Germans here, who do use itunes/apple TV: 

there is always a 3.99€ offer thing for movies and documentaries, I am used to around 500-600 titles at once.

Actually there are 1016 titles listed, maybe bcs of Corona?

I‘ve done a fast check, e.g. all Lord of the Rings / Hobbit movies, Matrix, 2 of the 4 Mad Max, older Superman, some German successes,.... are listed there. A few classics as well, rather new ones too.

But a few of those only have the German language, a few Indie-movies do not have the German language, so just in case, be aware. I do not know if the Austrians get the same titles?

 

In addition: starting Monday, I think till Friday you can buy itunes gift cards at Aldi Süd (Aldi South), if you do buy them there and you redeem the ones starting at 25€ up to 100€ (not the variable amount ones) before / latest at 18. April 2020 you‘ll get an added 15% bonus. Can be used for all purchases beside German books, for those a Rabatt.... is not allowed per law here. = the 3.99€ movies would be even cheaper....

 

I am not typically one to advertise such kind of offer, but in times of social distancing, closed cinemas.... maybe someone finds it helpful?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@el sid

as you reacted to my last post, starting tomorrow (6 April) 

Rewe (till 11 April) and Lidl (either also 11 April or 5 days longer) offer 15% additional worth for their itunes ~ present cards again

 

As far as I know for all of those extra worth offers is a mostly short-time date limit till when the card has to be redeemed

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With a lot of drive-in cinemas now open, admissions/weekend are in the 50k range for Germany - not that bad. "Joker" seems to be the bestselling movie and "Knives Out" is still playing.

 

In Austria, the only drive-in is still closed, local authorities didn't grant a license but managment keeps trying.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last WE drive ins in Germany reached 100k+ admissions. With the first federal states opening cinemas on May 18th, that might have been the peak already, after many weeks of huge increases.

 

On the InsideKino forum the rough numbers of admissions in drive ins have been shared, some of them are:

Joker 32k admissions (3rd biggest release)

BB3 22k (5th)

F3 18k (6th)

Bohemian 12k (8th)

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5078

 

As for Joker that means ~4,17M total and that it is the biggest DC movie in Germany (topping Superman (79) 4,15M)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aristis said:

Last WE drive ins in Germany reached 100k+ admissions. With the first federal states opening cinemas on May 18th, that might have been the peak already, after many weeks of huge increases.

 

On the InsideKino forum the rough numbers of admissions in drive ins have been shared, some of them are:

Joker 32k admissions (3rd biggest release)

BB3 22k (5th)

F3 18k (6th)

Bohemian 12k (8th)

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5078

 

As for Joker that means ~4,17M total and that it is the biggest DC movie in Germany (topping Superman (79) 4,15M)

That would also mean BR will soon becoming the biggest film for 2018 release

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aristis said:

Last WE drive ins in Germany reached 100k+ admissions. With the first federal states opening cinemas on May 18th, that might have been the peak already, after many weeks of huge increases.

 

On the InsideKino forum the rough numbers of admissions in drive ins have been shared, some of them are:

Joker 32k admissions (3rd biggest release)

BB3 22k (5th)

F3 18k (6th)

Bohemian 12k (8th)

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5078

 

As for Joker that means ~4,17M total and that it is the biggest DC movie in Germany (topping Superman (79) 4,15M)

Utterly amazing! ~

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, now the permissions for the re-opening of Austria's only drive-in are granted, first show should be Friday

https://autokino.at/

(it was Austria's only drive-in until 2015 when it filed for bankruptcy)

 

plus there's a project for a new drive-in at the Salzburg Airport, might start on May 28

https://www.skip.at/news/auch-salzburg-bekommt-ein-autokino-am-flughafen/400053806

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.