IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

The Thursday estimates from insidekino.de/forum:

The new releases:

Deadpool 2: 174k (released in 694 theaters, mixed reviews between 4 and 8/10, overall worse than in the USA. The first movie had 110k admissions (actuals) on its release day. The Thursday estimates back then were a bit too high with 129k, so this could be the case today too but still, that`s a fine number
Wohne lieber ungewöhnlich/C'est quoi cette famille?!: 2.5k (a French family comedy, released in 220 theaters, mediocre and ok reviews)

The holdovers - we can only hope that the actuals are better but as mentioned the last Thursday was a legal holiday: 

A: IW: 21.5k (actuals last Thursday 150k; the actuals were so far always higher than the estimates, so this week the actual number could go up too)
Truth Or Dare: 6k (38k)
I Feel Pretty: 6k (30k)
Rampage: 3k (47k) - unbelievable low

The Monday is a legal holiday in Germany and in several states (Bavaria e.g.) the Pentecost holidays start on Tuesday which will help during the week.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, el sid said:

The Thursday estimates from insidekino.de/forum:

The new releases:

Deadpool 2: 174k (released in 694 theaters, mixed reviews between 4 and 8/10, overall worse than in the USA. The first movie had 110k admissions (actuals) on its release day. The Thursday estimates back then were a bit too high with 129k, so this could be the case today too but still, that`s a fine number
Wohne lieber ungewöhnlich/C'est quoi cette famille?!: 2.5k (a French family comedy, released in 220 theaters, mediocre and ok reviews)

The holdovers - we can only hope that the actuals are better but as mentioned the last Thursday was a legal holiday: 

A: IW: 21.5k (actuals last Thursday 150k; the actuals were so far always higher than the estimates, so this week the actual number could go up too)
Truth Or Dare: 6k (38k)
I Feel Pretty: 6k (30k)
Rampage: 3k (47k) - unbelievable low

The Monday is a legal holiday in Germany and in several states (Bavaria e.g.) the Pentecost holidays start on Tuesday which will help during the week.

IW 86% drop huuuuge

3 minutes ago, Pypa94 said:

IW 86% drop huuuuge

Yes, but the actual Thursday numbers for this movie were always better because it has still so many showtimes so nobody has to reserve seats. I`m optimistic that due to walk ups it looks better tomorrow.
Mark_G from insidekino.de predicts for A: IW a weekend drop of 60% and a bit more than 2.9M admissions including Sunday. And the next week is very movie friendly.

• Like 1

Just now, el sid said:

Yes, but the actual Thursday numbers for this movie were always better because it has still so many showtimes so nobody has to reserve seats. I`m optimistic that due to walk ups it looks better tomorrow.
Mark_G from insidekino.de predicts for A: IW a weekend drop of 60% and a bit more than 2.9M admissions including Sunday. And the next week is very movie friendly.

Also last thursday was a holiday, so going from holiday to normal weekday should expect a large drop anyway

2 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Friday estimates from insidekino.de :

#1: Deadpool2 - 650k (lower than first one but still good)

#2: AvengersIW - 175k (-58%)

everything else below 70k

If it holds, it will be great for IW :)

DP2 same in France - a small drop 

Wonder is it a trend in Europe or not?

The Thursday actuals (source Blickpunkt:Film):

The new releases:

Deadpool 2: 110k/1.18M US$ - Just what happened?
Wohne lieber ungewöhnlich/C'est quoi cette famille?!: 2.5k -> 32.5k OW predicted in the first trend

The holdovers:

A: IW: 23k (actuals last Thursday which was a legal holiday were 150k) - at least slightly better than the estimates
Truth Or Dare: 8.5k (38k) ->65k
I Feel Pretty: 7.5k (30k) -> 60k
Rampage: 5.5k (47k) -> 42.4k

By the way I will stop reporting these estimates. They are worthless. Maybe if all the reports from our regions are very congruent I or somebody else can tell that it`s looking good or bad, but that's it.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, el sid said:

The Thursday actuals (source Blickpunkt:Film):

The new releases:

Deadpool 2: 110k/1.18M US$ - Just what happened?
Wohne lieber ungewöhnlich/C'est quoi cette famille?!: 2.5k -> 32.5k OW predicted in the first trend

The holdovers:

A: IW: 23k (actuals last Thursday which was a legal holiday were 150k) - at least slightly better than the estimates
Truth Or Dare: 8.5k (38k) ->65k
I Feel Pretty: 7.5k (30k) -> 60k
Rampage: 5.5k (47k) -> 42.4k

By the way I will stop reporting these estimates. They are worthless. Maybe if all the reports from our regions are very congruent I or somebody else can tell that it`s looking good or bad, but that's it.

Okay 174k drops to 110k that explains the Ow prediction of 650k because I was really confused at 650k based of a 170k Thursday but from a 110k one that makes a lot more sense.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

So Deadpool 2 is declining in almost every market in comparison to the first movie?  Hmm this is very unusual for superheroe movies as they tend to increase.  What went wrong? 

The first was bigger than most superhero movies, it actually outperformed all Marvel and DC superhero movies apart from TDK, TDKR, Spider-Man 1 to 3 though especially those were in a different area.

IW is the first Marvel film to top Deadpool 2 here.

And I the first was an event, this is a bit like just another Superhero movie.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

The first was bigger than most superhero movies, it actually outperformed all Marvel and DC superhero movies apart from TDK, TDKR, Spider-Man 1 to 3 though especially those were in a different area.

IW is the first Marvel film to top Deadpool 2 here.

And I the first was an event, this is a bit like just another Superhero movie.

I think it is cannibalisation factor here, we just had a mega blockbuster IW here 3 weeks ago and now they want to feed german another superhero movie in a market that already is not too obsessive or welcoming the SH films all this while

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I think it is cannibalisation factor here, we just had a mega blockbuster IW here 3 weeks ago and now they want to feed german another superhero movie in a market that already is not too obsessive or welcoming the SH films all this while

Agree

plus during we - here at last - a way too beautiful weather to spend inside a house, especially after the weekdays had bad weather (as usually = counts for all movies, but holdovers get hurt by that IMHO way more)

Also school holidays just started here (Bavaria), lots of ppl drive to neighbour countries (mostly foreign languages)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

That was what I meant with just another Superhero movie, because it certainly feels like that.

The final trend:

#1 Deadpool 2 650k
#2 A: IW 155k :) but still -63%
#3 Truth Or Dare  72.5k
#4 I Feel Pretty 50k
#5 Rampage 45k
#6 Liliane Susewind - Ein tierisches Abenteuer 35k
#7 Jim Knopf 30k
#8 Wohne lieber ungewöhnlich 30k

Edited by el sid
  • Like 5

According to estimates, Sunday must've been very strong because almost everything increased

Deadpool 2: 725k

AIW: 185k (-55%)

Truth or Dare: 85k

I Feel Pretty: 55k

Rampage: 55k

That number for Deadpool 2 is only 6% lower than the first film and today is a national holiday, so it should continue to do well.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

According to estimates, Sunday must've been very strong because almost everything increased

.... and today is a national holiday, so it should continue to do well.

O.K., do tell, who watched the royal wedding (joke)

Maybe the today's holiday impact on Sun got underestmated?

On 21.5.2018 at 10:56 AM, terrestrial said:

O.K., do tell, who watched the royal wedding (joke)

Maybe the today's holiday impact on Sun got underestmated?

I did:lol:

I guess.

The weather forecast for next weekend is crazy.

30+°C Almost everywhere on Saturday and Sunday and in at least half on Friday too and even Thursday is just a bit below.

I guess that will hurt solo even more.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1