IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

7 hours ago, el sid said:

Here in Bavaria it has rained a lot in the last two weeks but overall it was also a very sunny May. 

Today we have a partial legal holiday, Fronleichnam, but the sun is as always shining. Great for most people, not great for the theaters...but overall the following days are still predicted to become worse.

Jurassic World 2 starts here next Tuesday, 23:59, at least at mathäser. Some user reviews are circulating (ca. 7-8/10 if they're true) but I didn't see official reviews so far.

In Lower Saxony (between Bremen and Hamburg it has rained a bit yesterday morning, but still close to nothing over the whole month9

It starts on a Wednesday? with a full day, why?

Yeah first estimates for Thursday are:

Solo 104k (last weekend estimates: 88k, actuals 80k) (I hope actuals will at least be that high, because that way, Solo might stay flat from the true weekend)

Deadpool 2: 96k (last weekend estimates 94k, actuals 60k)

So actuals might be something  like 90k and 65k in the end, though that could mean a potential weekend of 300k for both

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

In Lower Saxony (between Bremen and Hamburg it has rained a bit yesterday morning, but still close to nothing over the whole month9

Solo 104k (last weekend estimates: 88k, actuals 80k) (I hope actuals will at least be that high, because that way, Solo might stay flat from the true weekend)

So actuals might be something  like 90k and 65k in the end, though that could mean a potential weekend of 300k for both

I have no idea.

What you guess what the actuals might look like, I think that could fit very well. Solo a bit down (if not the rain in the legal holiday regions helped to create more walk ups) and DP 2 down 1/4-1/3 from the estimates as always. Let's hope for 300k for both movies which would be even slightly better than the weekend predictions from Mark_G.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Shit,

actuals are 70k and 62k.

Mark.G estimates are:

Solo: 275k (so ~€3M ≈ $3.5M)

Deadpool 2: 250k

• Like 2

I'm too late today but for the completeness, the whole Thursday actuals from Blickpunkt:Film:

The new releases:

Letztendlich sind wir dem Universum egal/Every Day: 7.7k (released in 280 theaters) → 40k OW predicted in the first trend
Tully: 2k (184) → 20k
Finding Your Feet: 2k (143) → 10k
Hostiles: 2k (filmstarts says 80) → no number so far

The holdovers:

Solo: 70k (actuals last Thursday 80k) - a bit down from the estimates would have been ok, but that so many people didn't come after reservating and no walk ups is just disappointing, the South West report was as often in the last weeks the better indicator
DP 2: 62k (60k)
A: IW: 17k (16k)

• Like 4

No change at all in the second trend for Solo, DP 2 and A: IW.
Truth Or Dare is a little bit up to 42.5k OW now and will have not far under 400k admissions here including Sunday. Not bad at all. And it's still in the Top 5.
Also no change for the new releases: Every Days 40k, Tully 20k, Finding Your Feet 10k. Hostiles could (I don't know how many previews it had) enter the Top 10 with 25k admissions OW (with as mentioned only ca. 80 theaters).

• Like 2

Little change with the 3rd trend as well:

#1 Solo 275k

#2 Deadpool 245k

#3 Infinity War 75k

#4 Truth or Dare 45k

#5 Letztendlich sind wir dem Universum egal 42.5k

#6 Liliane Susewind 37.5k

#7 Luis & die Aliens 35k

#8 I Feel Pretty 30k

#9 Jim Knopf 30k

#10 Rampage 27.5k

• Like 5

Monday numbers:

Solo 292,5k (-12%/-25%) 810k
DP2 250k (-12%) 1,645M
AIW 77,5k (+4%) 3,225M
Truth or Dare 47,5k (+19%) 390k
Liliane 40k (+43%) 265k
Luis 37,5k (+63%) 75k

Every Day 32,5k / 45k

Jim & Lukas 32,5k (+16%) 1,5M
Pretty 30k (+7%) 292,5k
Rampage 27,5k (+17%) 295k

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aristis said:

Monday numbers:

Solo 292,5k (-12%/-25%) 810k
DP2 250k (-12%) 1,645M
AIW 77,5k (+4%) 3,225M
Truth or Dare 47,5k (+19%) 390k
Liliane 40k (+43%) 265k
Luis 37,5k (+63%) 75k

Every Day 32,5k / 45k

Jim & Lukas 32,5k (+16%) 1,5M
Pretty 30k (+7%) 292,5k
Rampage 27,5k (+17%) 295k

That Solo hold is nice, despite the weather change etc. I didn't expect that, next hold will probably be awful though, but this means this weekend was probably around €3.2M so $3.7M for a total off €8.9M and $10.2M:lol:

And people said I underestimated Solos potential here, I overestimated, way overestimated.

And still I can't find one single review for JW 2 (maybe I miss one?). Which doesn't mean something bad, probably the critics are just not allowed to say something. But tomorrow (unfortunately very late) we will still get first impressions from fans. The midnight shows in "my theaters" don't look busy (who has time to visit a show at midnight during the week?) but the Wednesday reservations are ok. I think a lot of people are very curious about the official and also the fan reviews (me too) and then decide if they will buy tickets.

Edited by el sid

23 minutes ago, el sid said:

And still I can't find one single review for JW 2 (maybe I miss one?). Which doesn't mean something bad, probably the critics are just not allowed to say something. But tomorrow (unfortunately very late) we will still get first impressions from fans. The midnight shows in "my theaters" don't look busy (who has time to visit a show at midnight during the week?) but the Wednesday reservations are ok. I think a lot of people are very curious about the official and also the fan reviews (me too) and then decide if they will buy tickets.

It's embargoed still. Literally until the day it opens in Europe it seems

30 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

atm there's only rumours ... but as it goes with embargos, usually the buzz is that the studio has got something to hide.

in this case it may be because there's such a huge gap between OS and domestic release.

16 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

At my theater it starts Thursday afternoon, and only in 3D (Universal policy I think, in Germany there are also very few 2D shows - obviously they hope to milk this cow the fastest way possible but in admissions that's bound to be a problem)

That's worse than Disney, even SW opens in 2D and 3D.

17 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

At my theater it starts Thursday afternoon, and only in 3D (Universal policy I think, in Germany there are also very few 2D shows - obviously they hope to milk this cow the fastest way possible but in admissions that's bound to be a problem)

If I recall correctly, 3D share in German is still relatively higher than USA. Given the 1st JW's performance in 3D screen, that explain why. 

3D is alive and well in international markets, with Jurassic World earning about 65 percent of its box-office take outside the U.S. from 3D screenings, according to RealD, which provides its RealD Cinema Systems and 3D glasses to movie theaters worldwide.

Jurassic World earned $205 million of the film's total estimated $315.8 million gross outside the U.S. in 3D theaters, RealD said today. The top 3D markets included China, Germany, Russia, Brazil, and Colombia.

As usual, the 3D numbers were more muted inside the U.S., where Real3D said about 48 percent of the total box-office take came from 3D theaters. 

Percentage of Global Box Office Generated by 3D in Selected Markets
China 95%
Germany 89%
Brazil 78%
Colombia 77%
Russia 74%
U.S.A. 48%