IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

20 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

That seems like a bad drop for SW, especially compared to the The Hobbit movies and with much less competition. I know they started a bit lower, but still. TH3 made almost 900k adm in it's 3rd weekend and that had Honig im Kopf (750k adm) and Exodus (350k adm) opening. And TH2 made 1.1m in it's second and it wasnt helped by the actual Christmas days like this was. Is it the fact that Christmas was on Friday? Were the theaters closed?

Edited by James

Well, in Germany, they count Thursday for the weekend - so the fact that many theaters closed on Thu after the kids afternoon shows pulls the weekend down. But in fact, I was hoping for a drop <30% from SW7 and that doesn't seem to happen. That looks bad, especially if you compare it to Spectre's 15% drop in the trend. otoh, MJ2 drops even harde than SW7 if the trend holds. Let's wait and see ...

btw, super opening for the Peanuts with 200k, didn't think they were still that popular.

• Like 2

Don't forget:

here are a lot of families (and non-family adults) just taking their winter hollidays.

Rather often also in either countries with another language or going e.g. skiing = evenings not usually spend in a cinema.

Or they are visiting the grandparents during 1st and 2nd Christmas Day, or....

My impression is, not a lot of the other countries have a public holiday 2nd Christmas Day.

Means here are via the additional Sunday all the typical stores... closed down since ~ midday 24 December and will open again at earlies at Monday 28. December. If at all as:

A lot of (e.g. production...) companies close down for 2 weeks here between Christmas Eve and Holy Three Kings (?) (company holiday, school holiday,...), as you need only a few days of paid holiday to have 2 weeks in a row anyway.

• Like 1

2. Trend:

Star Wars 7 (1.050T), Ich bin dann mal weg (local movie) (275T), Peanuts (240T), Spectre (110T), Panem - Mockingjay 2 (100T), Heidi (100T), ...

It's way too warm weather here, beside me, family... is in the garden.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

2. Trend:

Star Wars 7 (1.050T), Ich bin dann mal weg (local movie) (275T), Peanuts (240T), Spectre (110T), Panem - Mockingjay 2 (100T), Heidi (100T), ...

It's way too warm weather here, beside me, family... is in the garden.

Peanuts increased a lot from the previous trend, while SW went down. That is an ugly drop.

1 hour ago, James said:

Peanuts increased a lot from the previous trend, while SW went down. That is an ugly drop.

Yeah, SW dropped but with Thursday - Christmas Eve and Friday + Saturday - Christmas Holiday it is still a record, no other movie had over 1mio admissions with this holiday constellation. I expect huge weekdays and an awesome 3rd weekend.

• Like 3

first estimates

#1 Star Wars 7 ~ 1.13m admissions = 4.4m admissions = best 11days of 2015 

3.27m admissions per week = best all time opening-week in a December

on 5th place for all time start week

SW 7 might have reached as 28th movie of all time the €50m milestone

Best new movie was local movie Ich bin dann mal weg ~ 275k admissions = #2

#3 Die Peanuts a bit under 250k admissions in 5 days

#4 Spectre ~ 110k admissions this weekend = 6.575m admissions 

#5 Heidi ~ 110Tk admissions

Panem - Mockingjay 2 ~ 100k admissions = nearly 3.65m admissions = still slightly over part 1 during the same days in release time frame = 3,606,729 admissions

• Like 5

Top Movies of 2015

1    7.621.633    €61.998.165       Fack Ju Göhte 2

2    6.924.350    €57.857.853       Minions

3    6.381.282    €61.107.606       Spectre*

4    4.430.334    €51.202.134       Star Wars 7*

5    4.409.177    €38.536.462       Fifty Shades of Grey

6    4.186.206    €37.271.809       Fast & Furious 7

7    4.144.067    €44.059.825       Jurassic World

8    3.443.037    €36.007.248       Mockingjay Part 2*

9    3.362.998    €27.911.256       Inside Out

10  2.422.324    €28.292.831       Avengers - Age of Ultron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giesi said:

Week trend: massive 2,45-2,65 adm. Legs are kicking in, finally.

I think that is also as in Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Saarland, Sachsen, and Thüringen the school holidays are ending with the upcomming weekend = those that can match their vacations out of the house might want to be at home again for Sylvester and might have booked accordingly (at least in my RL circle of friends some decided in that way).

People are starting to get back from visiting grandparents..., too, go shopping in the finally open again with friends and / or family.... stores and might combine that with a cinema visit.

My early and mid-teen pupils planned since the pre-views news to go for the first time after the X-Mas days / weekend mostly, btw.. I am really curios to hear what they think, at 7 January 2016, when I'll see them again.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1