IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

on further thought... maybe it is a little bit inflated, as in Berlin the Friday is a public holiday, there some more ppl might have gone to a cinema as usual

Anyone an idea how big the % of Berlin is in relation to the whole country?

Around 8% according to FFA numbers for each federal state

https://www.ffa.de/kinoergebnisse-uebersicht.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Any chance to SW IX to pass 100M again ?? 

Theres always "a" chance, but TFA was just a phenomenon that you can hardly duplicate. TLJ' s 83M should be the target and with stellar WOM (which isnt a given) it could probably aim for 90M.

So 100M isnt absolutely impossible, especially if the film really delivers. But i would not expect it.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Theres always "a" chance, but TFA was just a phenomenon that you can hardly duplicate. TLJ' s 83M should be the target and with stellar WOM (which isnt a given) it could probably aim for 90M.

So 100M isnt absolutely impossible, especially if the film really delivers. But i would not expect it.

Thanks. 

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/captain-marvel-blasts-off-to-987m-worldwide-in-first-two-days/5137516.article

After two days in release, Captain Marvel is already blazing a trail at the global box office, soaring to an estimated $98.7m including early estimates from China, according to Disney distribution executives.

The 21st and latest entry in the Marvel Studios canon starring Brie Larson took $44m internationally excluding China, where early estimates indicate a March 8 launch of approximately $34m, which would be the second highest Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) opening day behind Avengers: Infinity War.

Early numbers put the tentpole on $5.9m in South Korea, $2.9m in France, and $1.5m in Italy since the Wednesday launch in those territories.

In the locales where Captain Marvel opened on Thursday, the blockbuster-elect stands at $4.8m in Indonesia, $3m in Brazil, $2.5m in Australia, $2.1m in Russia, $1.9m in Thailand, $1.8m in Taiwan, $1.7m in both Malaysia and Philippines, and $1.5m in both Germany and Hong Kong. Remaining territories have delivered $112m.

It opens on Friday in the UK, China, Mexico and Spain, among others and will be active everywhere this weekend except Japan, where it is scheduled to debut on March 15.

Meanwhile North America has generated $20.7m in Thursday previews, scoring the fifth highest preview grosses for an MCU release behind the second and third Avengers films, Black Panther, and Captain America: Civil War. Captain Marvel opens officially in North America on Friday in 4,310 theatres.

Overall, the film is ranking as the number one western release in all markets as well as the highest March debut in many and highest first stand-alone character MCU opening day in most. Highlights include the second highest opening day in industry history in Brazil, behind only Avengers: Infinity War, as well as one of the highest ever opening days in Indonesia.

Compared to the same bucket of territories at today’s exchange rates, Disney sources said Captain Marvel was currently pacing ahead of comparable first-instalment MCU films such as Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man in most territories. The studio will release a more comprehensive round-up on Sunday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Thursday... 

Thx

I added it earlier: Friday is a public holiday in Berlin, I guess that might be one of the reasons or the main reason or...

Makes the Thursday similar to Friday for the ones with a holiday

In addition the whole week is school holidays for 3 states: Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, city state Hamburg

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Any chance for SW IX to pass 100M again ?? 

Yeah, as Brainbug said it's not the most probable outcome for now.

Would probably need around €88M and therefore around 7,3M admissions (with 12€ TP after 11,32€ and 11,78€ for the first two SW). Since I seem to be one of the only people thinking it'll increase to over 6M again after SW8 5,9M the odds aren't in its favor... But I hope Germany might surprise :)

• Like 1

The Thursday estimates can be wrong but the actuals are always correct. As terrestrial mentioned, the carnival week helped/helps. Especially because Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg are very big states population-wise.
By the way yesterday the estimates for CM were by 30k too low. That's not often the case.
Let's hope it's the same today with Friday estimates for CM being 156k admissions (that number would still be ok).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, el sid said:

The Thursday estimates can be wrong but the actuals are always correct. As terrestrial mentioned, the carnival week helped/helps. Especially because Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg are very big states population-wise.
By the way yesterday the estimates for CM were by 30k too low. That's not often the case.
Let's hope it's the same today with Friday estimates for CM being 156k admissions (that number would still be ok).

156k for Friday is looking about right

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

With the second Trend CM is stable while others are up:

CM 650k

HTTYD3 150k (-22%)

Green Book 150k (-14%)

Ostwind 150k (-11%)

Escape Room 110k (-8%/-20%) Great hold :o

Rate your Date 72,5k

Cold Pursiut (-33%/-47%)

Alita 50k (-50%)

BR 45k (-29%)

Lego Movie 40k (-30%)

Ralph2 40k (-20%)

Der goldene Handschuh 32,5k (-14%) Great hold too again!

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Aristis said:

Yeah, as Brainbug said it's not the most probable outcome for now.

Would probably need around €88M and therefore around 7,3M admissions (with 12€ TP after 11,32€ and 11,78€ for the first two SW). Since I seem to be one of the only people thinking it'll increase to over 6M again after SW8 5,9M the odds aren't in its favor... But I hope Germany might surprise :)

I think something around or just below 6m admissions is the obvious target.

Looking back at the (modern) Star Wars Episodes in Germany:

prequels: I: 8.04m (without the 3D re-release), II: 5.7m, III: 5.62m

sequels: VII: 9.06m, VIII: 5.9m

The first of each trilogy is always the big one due to pend up demand, afterwards all movies fall in roughly the same range at just below 6m. Could just be coincidence, but for now I would go with something along those lines.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I think something around or just below 6m admissions is the obvious target.

Looking back at the (modern) Star Wars Episodes in Germany:

prequels: I: 8.04m (without the 3D re-release), II: 5.7m, III: 5.62m

sequels: VII: 9.06m, VIII: 5.9m

The first of each trilogy is always the big one due to pend up demand, afterwards all movies fall in roughly the same range at just below 6m. Could just be coincidence, but for now I would go with something along those lines.

I really hope that Solo didn't damage IX.