IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

6 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

well, that's a difficult one, as it depends very much on the quality / WOM of the movie ... but atm, with little competition and no sellouts thanks to reduced seating, I'd expect drops to be much softer than usual, so let's hope for a 5x multiplier.

i see, if what you said before happens, then it would be a very good ow

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

When will we get 1st trend?

I hope Mark_G will post the Wednesday admissions of Tenet tomorrow but I'm not sure. But we should get some trends from the insidekino-forum especially regarding the Thursday admissions.

Tenet is released in 790 theaters which is the biggest amount since ca. 2 years! Of course the restrictions stay the same...
The weather should help the movie. Today it was a bit windy and sunny and hot where I live in Bavaria but this could be the last really nice day for a while (the northern parts of Germany had worse weather from what I heared). The next days are predicted to become mixed with more and more rain on Saturday and Sunday (better said nothing but rain in southern Germany).

PS: According to Mark the holds should be good (too): The films for kids could all stay flat and for the rest he is predicting -25% (the only exception is The Witch Next Door with -40%).

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Giesi said:

If Tenet can go over 1mil admissions, I‘d be pleased, although the industry probably needs more to survive. 

I'm pretty sure it will go >1mil, with softer drops than usual. The most important thing is to show that people do still go to the movies and it's not necessary to postpone everything to 2021 ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I'm pretty sure it will go >1mil, with softer drops than usual. The most important thing is to show that people do still go to the movies and it's not necessary to postpone everything to 2021 ...

Is 1m means tenet could challenge near 10m gross? considering huge IMAX chunk.

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Is 1m means tenet could challenge near 10m gross? considering huge IMAX chunk.

I'm pretty sure that TP will be above 10$ (I'd say around 10,50$ is likely). MarkG expects 1,05M total so around $11M total for now.

It's just the last few days that my interest in BO began after a long time again. I hope Tenet can do good business to have me interested even more again.

If german cinemas die that's not my fault, in the last 6 weeks I've been to movies 5 times (first Inception [I didn't see it in cinemas when it first came out], then LOTR 1-3 extended :wub: and yesterday Tenet). I really hope that it reignites the BO.

MarkG predicts 200k (4-day) and 250k (5-day) so between $2,1M and $2,5M 4-day/$2,6M and $2,8M 5-day. I hope it'll be more but that seems like a safe first bet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Both germany and france come in above 8m each? that was even higher than interstellar opening number

38 minutes ago, Aristis said:

I'm pretty sure that TP will be above 10$ (I'd say around 10,50$ is likely). MarkG expects 1,05M total so around $11M total for now.

My cinema plays 2 4DX shows a day for Tenet, both are "selling out" until Sunday with about 25 seats/show, TP is €19,-- (about US$ 22,40). Standard TP is €12,50 for the weekend, that's about US$14,70  - it's the running time, even without 3D those are not cheap tickets.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Both germany and france come in above 8m each? that was even higher than interstellar opening number

Not the OW! MarkG, as I said, predicted 200k (4-day) and 250k (5-day). That may be $3M 5-day OW. It could go higher of course but that's far from certain. Where do those high predictions come from just yet?

$11M would be lifetime number for now

Edited by Aristis
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

My cinema plays 2 4DX shows a day for Tenet, both are "selling out" until Sunday with about 25 seats/show, TP is €19,-- (about US$ 22,40). Standard TP is €12,50 for the weekend, that's about US$14,70  - it's the running time, even without 3D those are not cheap tickets.

19€ is insane :blink: My ticket cost 11€ - I could imagine around that being the ATP so the 10,5$ could be way to low. I thought 2D wouldn't be that expensive though... Still, $3M OW should be around the prediction for now, shouldn't it?

1 minute ago, Aristis said:

19€ is insane :blink: My ticket cost 11€ - I could imagine around that being the ATP so the 10,5$ could be way to low. I thought 2D wouldn't be that expensive though... Still, $3M OW should be around the prediction for now, shouldn't it?

Also note that €11 would mean $12.88 so for an ATP of $10.5 it's more like €8.9 euro atp.

So probably closer to 12/13$ then to 10.5$.

45 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Not the OW! MarkG, as I said, predicted 200k (4-day) and 250k (5-day). That may be $3M 5-day OW. It could go higher of course but that's far from certain. Where do those high predictions come from just yet?

$11M would be lifetime number for now

i always have impression france and germany box office are closely mirror each other. When I saw 8m was mentioned in the france thread, i thought similar opening number would be probable especially covid-19 situation is germany is so much more tamed.  

5 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

my tickets for Sunday evening cost €8,30 each (US$ 9,80) but that's a reduced price with a prepaid account. It might be that many theaters offer cheaper tickets, to draw audiences back, so maybe that explains MarkG's low ATP.

The ATP was a (bad) guess of mine :raining: The prediction is $3M to $3,5M then...

• Like 2

No official numbers from WB but MarkG posted that, going by available numbers, he expects at least 300k for the 5-day-period. My 400k still sound  optimistic but even 300k would be a wonderful number for the circumstances (and guarantee a >1mil total)

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

my tickets for Sunday evening cost €8,30 each (US$ 9,80) but that's a reduced price with a prepaid account. It might be that many theaters offer cheaper tickets, to draw audiences back, so maybe that explains MarkG's low ATP.

Dunkirk had €9.4 ATP in week 1, and €9 in full run. I guess TENET should be a bit higher due to limited seatings, luxury seats are more likely to be sold than normal. so 300k 5 days should be around €3mn or ~$3.6mn.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4