IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

6 hours ago, Coldbird said:

Spain and Portugal have overall high vaccinerate, but germany is in line with most(?) of west europe - france, britain, norway, sweden are around 70%. Danemark, Irland are at 75% iirc and austria, swiz is around 65%

In France, we are at around 85% vaccination for people over 12 years old (there are 6 million aged 12 and over to be vaccinated). And if we take the whole population, we are about 75% of the population fully vaccinated.

13 minutes ago, LPLC said:

In France, we are at around 85% vaccination for people over 12 years old (there are 6 million aged 12 and over to be vaccinated). And if we take the whole population, we are about 75% of the population fully vaccinated.

"our world in data" - gives me 68% for france, thats where i got the data.

12 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

"our world in data" - gives me 68% for france, thats where i got the data.

No, no that's wrong, the percentage of people vaccinated is higher than that. Here are the real figures : https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/actualites/presse/communiques-de-presse/article/vaccination-contre-la-covid-en-france-au-7-novembre-2021-plus-de-100-058-000 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

@el sid @IndustriousAngel @Aristis 

I know there is a new wave of COVID in germany. However, can NWH be successful in Germany ? Do you think the 2 million admissions for Spidey are the goal ?

Frankly, I have no idea how the Covid situation will impact movies one month from now - maybe there will even be local lockdowns. But since FFH amd Homecoming each landed around the 2mil mark, this would be a pretty optimistic goal. otoh, I hadn't thought 007 could reach 6mil total after OW and week 2, so while the OW is bound to be deflated, it might very well show fantastic legs.

• Like 1

NWH is for sure one of the most awaited films of the year. I heard filmfriends talk about it and that's also the impression I got from reading the forums.
At least I saw that in Bavarian theaters the 2G-rule does not include children under the age of 12. So the impact won't be as big as I first thought. But how big it will be, no idea. Probably the next weekends with the 2G-rule already in effect (in Lower Saxony it's also planned that the 2G-rule is extended) will bring more clarification.
I also don't think there will be another
nationwide lockdown. That was accepted last year but now I doubt it. But I wouldn't completely rule out that Bavaria will have more drastic measures (again).

Found a quite informative page with clear charts (cases, deathly cases, occupancy of critical care units etc.) and I hope the translation is good enough but I think the charts are mostly understandable anyway: https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-virus-karte-infektionen-deutschland-weltweit/ (Berliner Morgenpost).
The positive news is that the cases of death are at the moment way lower than last year in November (look at "Todesfälle seit Beginn der Corona-Pandemie").

5 hours ago, el sid said:

That means only people who are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID can join theaters, restaurants etc. A negative test is not enough anymore (that was the 3G-rule).

what are the new restrictions in germany ?

Edited by john2000

2 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

You cant visit theaters anymore if not vaccinated or recovered. Before that you still could have used a test.

it will be intresting to see what happens, germany has vaxx fully 67% of their population and if we count those that recovered from covid and still count then we are probably talking about a 75-80% ? of germany i guess ? .If thats hold true then the drops should be relative fine