EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

12 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

15.7 // 40.9 (-21%) 

4th best 4th weekend ever domestically? Jesus… That would be incredible. 

Not including American Sniper’s wide release, that would make it the 3rd best 4th weekend performance of all time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, awkwardaardvark said:

4th best 4th weekend ever domestically? Jesus… That would be incredible. 

Not including American Sniper’s wide release, that would make it the 3rd best 4th weekend performance of all time. 

I think it can get the 2nd spot. TFA is only 42M, doable.

• Like 1

Comparing to other few summer tentpole releases and if TGM follows them:

Jurassic World - 570M
The Lion King- 561M
Incredibles 2- 560M
The Dark Knight Rises- 545M
The Dark Knight- 562M
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 584M
PotC: Dead Man's Chest- 572M

Wonder Woman - 610M

Mind that TGMs current multi is higher than the total multis of all of these films except TDK and WW and schools are not completely off yet unlike many of these films. Adjusting for the significant holiday boosts incoming, safe to say 575M is pretty much a hard lock. As stated many times before 620M is the goal and believe it'll get there. 

Edited by Tokugennumataka
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Imagine a 5th TGM weekend where it would be over JWD's 3rd weekend. Now that would be amazing.

Could happen but I'd say we'll likely have to wait for 4th of July weekend for TGM to have a higher weekend total than JWD. So... Thinking it's 6th weekend > JWD 4th weekend. Probably by a comfortable amount too.

Great number (as usual one is inclined to say) for Top Gun. I believe it will be able to top TFA's 42M 4th weekend. Again, Fathers Day will explode for it.

13,5M is solid for Dominion. Very similar to FK.

33 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Great number (as usual one is inclined to say) for Top Gun. I believe it will be able to top TFA's 42M 4th weekend. Again, Fathers Day will explode for it.

13,5M is solid for Dominion. Very similar to FK.

I wouldn't say 13.5M is solid for Dominion. If it follows similar changes to FK...

Mon: 13.5M

Tue: 16.88M +25%

Wed: 11.82M -30%

Thurs: 10.64M -10% (197.92M in 7-days vs FK's 204.89M)

Add a 60M weekend and Dominion gets 257.92M which is 7.72M more than Dominion despite the openings starting 2.94M apart.

6 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I wouldn't say 13.5M is solid for Dominion. If it follows similar changes to FK...

Mon: 13.5M

Tue: 16.88M +25%

Wed: 11.82M -30%

Thurs: 10.64M -10% (197.92M in 7-days vs FK's 204.89M)

Add a 60M weekend and Dominion gets 257.92M which is 7.72M more than Dominion despite the openings starting 2.94M apart.

Tuesday wont bump like that for Dominion. These discount Tuesday bumps weve seen before the pandemic are practically gone now. Woudnt be surprised to see only a very light increase for Dominion today tbh.

Like @keysersoze123 pointed out, when it comes to Weekdays, the best indicator for legs is now the Monday - to - Thursday drop. The closer it will be on Thursday to its Monday number, the better.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Tuesday wont bump like that for Dominion. These discount Tuesday bumps weve seen before the pandemic are practically gone now. Woudnt be surprised to see only a very light increase for Dominion today tbh.

Like @keysersoze123 pointed out, when it comes to Weekdays, the best indicator for legs is now the Monday - to - Thursday drop. The closer it will be on Thursday to its Monday number, the better.

80M BOGO codes from TMobile for Atom tickets buyable and usable only today.  I think we'll see what this deal can do on a Tuesday, and then be wildly disappointed by Wednesday drops...

• Like 2

OT: Ways to know there's not enough product at theaters.  I looked to use my TMobile deal today.  At my local 12, there are 3 Hollywood movies (Jurassic, TGM, Strange) and 4 foreign movies.  I've never seen foreign movies outnumber Hollywood movies in my life at this theater - and it's summer (that said, they have Jurassic on 4 and TGM on 3, so they do still get most of the screens)...

16 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

TwoMisfits mentioned a big BOGO deal with one of the cinema chains today that could very well bump Tuesday numbers across the board, especially those of TGM and JWD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

OT: Ways to know there's not enough product at theaters.  I looked to use my TMobile deal today.  At my local 12, there are 3 Hollywood movies (Jurassic, TGM, Strange) and 4 foreign movies.  I've never seen foreign movies outnumber Hollywood movies in my life at this theater - and it's summer (that said, they have Jurassic on 4 and TGM on 3, so they do still get most of the screens)...

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

TwoMisfits mentioned a big BOGO deal with one of the cinema chains today that could very well bump Tuesday numbers across the board, especially those of TGM and JWD.

I didnt know about this deal. Well yeah, then this could indeed mean that Tuesday will bump nicely across the board.

Could also mean a return of classic Wednesday meltdowns.

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I didnt know about this deal. Well yeah, then this could indeed mean that Tuesday will bump nicely across the board.

Could also mean a return of classic Wednesday meltdowns.

Yeah... If the deal is a big hit, the Wednesday drops will be pretty steep for sure then everything will stabilize again on Thursday. Game 6 of the NBA Finals is Thursday and that's the first potential close out game in the finals so that could dampen Thursday numbers somewhat too. If there's a Game 7, it would be Sunday... Which could dampen Father's Day numbers a little but likely just spill over to Juneteenth holiday the following Monday when many are off work and could catch matinees/early evening shows.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, M37 said:

Probably a bit too aggressive/hopeful here. Mon should be around $7.5 (-40% vs LW), dipping to $7M or even under by Thursday. Puts baseline at roughly -25% heading into weekend, with a FD bump but maybe some competition effect from LY, so -20% 

Also, in general we should be careful presuming a large/typical FD bump, as mostly traditional movie holidays post-pandemic have been fairly soft 

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

$7.5m likely for TG2

8 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

15.7 // 40.9 (-21%) 

pitch perfect youre welcome GIF

Edited by M37
  • Like 1