EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

9 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

600M is i think too practically locked.

The real question is where it will end up in the 600M club since 700M aka Black Panther imo is a bit too far.

We have

Incredibles 2 at 608M - Top Gun should pass it.

The Last Jedi at 620M - Top Gun should pass it as well.

The Avengers at 623M - Same with this.

Jurassic World at 652M - Has a good shot at it as well, just needs great late legs in August/September no chance.

Top Gun will stop at a maximum of 651M.

LMAO! I just want to say that I appreciate your comments and general vibe in this forum a lot, that is all...
PS: We will get our revenge in December

3 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

LMAO! I just want to say that I appreciate your comments and general vibe in this forum a lot, that is all...
PS: We will get our revenge in December

I for one would be hyped as hell for a rematch :)

42 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I for one would be hyped as hell for a rematch :)

You better not be hyped 😅. It's sad that you guys had to erase all the appreciation we had for you with that forking 7x1. We appreciated you for shitting on Argentina every time and losing to us in 2002.

You better not be hyped 😅. It's sad that you guys had to erase all the appreciation we had for you with that forking 7x1. We appreciated you for shitting on Argentina every time and losing to us in 2002.

Hey, atleast we didnt loose in 2014 to Argentina in Brazil in the final. I think after the 7:1, that would have been enough to make the whole Brazil to hate Germany :ph34r:

Argentina for the win!!! 
Only because of Messi though, I want him to win at least 1 World Cup. 

While a Germany vs Brazil final would be nice (especially due to that 7x1), it would be expected and boring. I hope we get some newer teams into the QF’s/SF’s, something unexpected. I would love to see US, SK, England, And Spain at least in the last 8. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Hey, atleast we didnt loose in 2014 to Argentina in Brazil in the final. I think after the 7:1, that would have been enough to make the whole Brazil to hate Germany :ph34r:

You are right, we hate you a lot less because of that. That would be the absolute worse tragedy of all time in Brazil history as a country, I can't even describe how much I love Gotze because of that goal...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

That was one of the most disappointing night of football (and being an MU fan who has been in constant state of disappointment for the last 10 years since Fergie left, I know what disappointment is)

Argentina were atrocious when it came to finishing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Argentina for the win!!! 
Only because of Messi though, I want him to win at least 1 World Cup. 

While a Germany vs Brazil final would be nice (especially due to that 7x1), it would be expected and boring. I hope we get some newer teams into the QF’s/SF’s, something unexpected. I would love to see US, SK, England, And Spain at least in the last 8. 

With all due respect: Messi can go to hell lmao!
A Brazil vs Germany final would be one of the greatest finals of all time and the buzz about it would be legendary, it would not be boring at all. I don't want to crush your hopes, but the chance of some unexpected teams to get to SF's is almost 0. The final will probably be between two World Champions and the semifinals very likely too...

Judging from my experience seeing it in IMAX today, Lightyear is going to underperform dramatically and probably deservedly so. The showing I attended wasn't even 20% full.

As for the movie, the first third is excellent. Truly great stuff that drew on some terrific scenes from another Pixar movie from years back and non-Disney movie from a few years back as well. The middle third is fine - typical animated and action movie stuff. Then the final third arrives with a thud.

That final third contains a plot twist that is so WTF that it pretty much kills any goodwill from the first two thirds. Even worse, the twist is largely unexplained and completely unnecessary because it only makes people angry. Before the movie ended, I had thought of three different alternatives to explain the twist that didn't make the movie worse. Whoever greenlit the twist needs to stay away from all future Pixar movies. 

I hate to say it but this film should have bypassed theaters and gone directly to Disney+.

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

That was one of the most disappointing night of football (and being an MU fan who has been in constant state of disappointment for the last 10 years since Fergie left, I know what disappointment is)

That was actually one of the most satisfying nights of football 😅

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

Judging from my experience seeing it in IMAX today, Lightyear is going to underperform dramatically and probably deservedly so. The showing I attended wasn't even 20% full.

As for the movie, the first third is excellent. Truly great stuff that drew on some terrific scenes from another Pixar movie from years back and non-Disney movie from a few years back as well. The middle third is fine - typical animated and action movie stuff. Then the final third arrives with a thud.

That final third contains a plot twist that is so WTF that it pretty much kills any goodwill from the first two thirds. Even worse, the twist is largely unexplained and completely unnecessary because it only makes people angry. Before the movie ended, I had thought of three different alternatives to explain the twist that didn't make the movie worse. Whoever greenlit the twist needs to stay away from all future Pixar movies. 

I hate to say it but this film should have bypassed theaters and gone directly to Disney+.

I am hearing that a lot, that the movie starts extremely well for the first half hour and then goes downhill...

2 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

With all due respect: Messi can go to hell lmao!
A Brazil vs Germany final would be one of the greatest finals of all time and the buzz about it would be legendary, it would not be boring at all. I don't want to crush your hopes, but the chance of some unexpected teams to get to SF's is almost 0. The final will probably be between two World Champions and the semifinals very likely too...

Boring in the sense that Germany and Brazil making it to the SF’s/Finals would be unsurprising and expected, not that the match itself wouldn’t be exhilarating. 

And yeah I know that it would be the same old big teams that will make the last 4/8 but I still hope we see some upsets and underdogs in there. Especially having US in there will significantly boost viewership numbers in North America. 

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Youre a Manchester United fan?

My condolences :ph34r:

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Youre a Manchester United fan?

My condolences :ph34r:

Why couldn't we also be owned by an oligarch/royal with infinite oil money :whosad:

Damn glazers! All the rich gulf states are taken too :(

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why couldn't we also be owned by an oligarch/royal with infinite oil money :whosad:

Damn glazers! All the rich gulf states are taken too :(

Hey at least you have Harry Maguire in your team.

• Disbelief 1

53 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Boring in the sense that Germany and Brazil making it to the SF’s/Finals would be unsurprising and expected, not that the match itself wouldn’t be exhilarating. 

And yeah I know that it would be the same old big teams that will make the last 4/8 but I still hope we see some upsets and underdogs in there. Especially having US in there will significantly boost viewership numbers in North America. 

It will have some upstes and underdogs. But they will be more in the likes of some big team failling to achieve the knockout stage and a weaker team getting to quarter finals, but that is probably it.