EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

3 hours ago, Xavier said:

Imagine a 5th TGM weekend where it would be over JWD's 3rd weekend. Now that would be amazing.

If TG2 gets some PLF shows back for the 6/24 weekend - for which I think there is a very good chance - then it’s a realistic possibility 

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

13 and 6.9

Hmm. Wondering if Game 5 of the NBA Finals which was yesterday evening at 9PM EST blunted the trajectory of each after Empire gave his numbers? This just makes me think the increases today will be especially impressive the BOGO deal and some waiting because they wanted to watch the game last night.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

NBA finals strike again. Hopefully the last game is on Thursday and we get a boosted holiday weekend.

For box office purposes, yes. But, as a fan of the NBA, really hope it goes 7. Weekend won't be quite as boosted but people that didn't see a move Sunday will just see it the following day on the holiday or a different weekday down the line.

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

For box office purposes, yes. But, as a fan of the NBA, really hope it goes 7. Weekend won't be quite as boosted but people that didn't see a move Sunday will just see it the following day on the holiday or a different weekday down the line.

Klay has been cold so far. I wont be surprised if he goes berserk in game 6 and then its definitely game over. 

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Klay has been cold so far. I wont be surprised if he goes berserk in game 6 and then its definitely game over. 

I would be... He's been cold the whole playoffs. I expect a Game 7. What you say about Klay applies to Tatum even more as he's arguably the most talented player in the series and hasn't shown it consistently at all. That said, I think the Warriors take it in 7. I thought Boston in 6 until they lost Game 4.

It is official, Top Gun 2 defeated JW3 here last weekend. 60k tickets vs 57k tickets (FK sold 70k tickets on OW and JW sold 100k). A stunning upset. Next to fall is Lightyear. I legit think TG2 will win next weekend with 35-40k tickets sold vs 30k tickets for Lightyear.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

for just Tuesday or even advance sales?

Just Tuesday - another "new" try at a movie deal from TMobile.  It's the 1st time it's been BOGO only on Tuesday...they did a Tuesday only deal a few months ago as well, but I think that was a "any movie $4" deal...

This is also the 1st time the deal has ever excluded premium screens.

@Brainbug the Dinosaur to answer your question from the weekend thread, yes I did not care for the last Jurassic world and yes I will end up seeing this one. I'm not rushing out to see movies the way I used to though. I did see Maverick on Thursday night for previews but I just saw a doctor strange over the weekend and that was something I wanted to see as well. I just don't have the enthusiasm to rush out and see a movie with crowds right now.

I don't even know if I'm going to like the new Jurassic world but yes I will see it. And by the way, not that anybody really cares about my opinion when it comes to most movies but I thought Doctor strange was a gigantic turd LOL I just could not get into it at all whatsoever.

• Like 6

https://deadline.com/2022/06/top-gun-maverick-jurassic-world-dominion-box-office-record-1235045014/

Even lower for both:

Dominion: 12,7M, 67% drop from Sunday

Top Gun: 6,6M, 62% drop from Sunday

Starting to think that those NBA Games did have quite an effect possibly like others have mentioned.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1