Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

It's interesting that it focuses so explicitly on survival. If we're spared the usual Inarritu "pain, art, we are all connected" pseydo-philosophizing this could be his best movie for me. 

Well, I didn't say those elements aren't present. :lol: (Mostly they're more subdued than usual for Inarritu.... although there's a moment in the final shot that annoyed me in a very Inarritu-esque way).

• Like 1

Sorry to bother you with more questions, and I understand if you can't answer them, but what was the CGI like with the bear and the horse falling off the cliff? Also, is it true Leo only speaks around 10 lines of English?

The bear was great. Horse, eh, you could tell it was CG but it was pretty good too.

Yeah, Leo doesn't speak much at all (either in English or Pawnee).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I'd love it but I don't think so.

Nomination at least?

Hard to say. It's a really competitive category this year and the role doesn't provide the larger thematic context that the Academy tends to like. And Hardy's performance isn't grandly over-the-top either. Unless the Academy falls in love with the movie and it gets a ton of nominations, I don't see Hardy getting in.

So We see Will Phoulter blue balls because of the cold ?

Inarritu said there was a massive blue balls set piece in his interviews & no I am not joking, it was actually discussed in the marketing of this film.

Lubezki is three peating probably.