Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Don't think I commented yet, That trailer was just gold, while I had a couple reservations about bird man, I liked it overall, some of it just felt a little style over substance to me, but this movie looks amazing! the cinematography in the trailer alone! adding Tom Hardy to the mix has upped my anticipation all the more, this is probably my second or third most anticipated film left to come out this year.  :D

Edited by Kalo

Leonardo Dicaprio almost always chooses good films; I think audiences will once again be drawn to his magnetic screen presence. 

I think it has a real shot at $100m, it's like a Pioneer action epic, you don't see films like this hardly ever, and it looks like it will have much broader appeal with the GA then Birdman. 

• Like 1

I hated Birdman. Hated it a lot. But this looks incredible. Whoever drew the Kubrickian comparison is spot on. Has the look of a Kubrick film made with the best camera tech of today. Will this be released in Imax?

Not sure about that, this seems a tougher sell than his Marty movies & Inception.

That's pure hindsight.

Scorsese had 0 movies that grossed 100M+ in his first 30 years in the buisness and the last decade he is 4/5 with DiCaprio.

Inception could have been big even without him but not that big.

Great Gatsby is an epic bomb without him. It even had the months of bad buzz/change of date troubles and people showed up anyway.

He's not a movie star in the sense that people come again and again to see him play variations in a persona like pretty much most of the big stars. He dosen't have a persona. His draw is his resume. Many people love so many of his movies that are willing to watch the next one even if it's about bear-mauling.

I dont know if Reverant can do WOWS or Gatsby money but it couldn't have a better shot at mainstream success with anyone other than Di Caprio.

• Like 1