EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

47 minutes ago, M37 said:

PLF wouldn’t really affect IM, and wouldn’t “more buzz” mean a more of an early fan rush? Not sure the rating matters too much given expected age skew (not like R rating held back BhoRap)

You’re arguing why Elvis can/should/will open higher, on which I don’t necessarily disagree, but again the limited hard data in hand is suggesting a ~$3ish Thursday 

and again that Thursday would be enough for 30. Not sure why you're expecting an Elvis movie to have some Scream 5 level frontloaded weekend

12 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

When I was in high school I would listen to a bunch of old music. During a history class the teacher played Heartbreak Hotel, and a surprising amount of people did not know what that song was.

What’s that?

I don't find Elvis biopic interesting because he is a well-known actor as well, he already had his run in big screen that this appearance doesn't have anything must to see. His works already show who he was, unlike some other musician biopics, I came in expect something new about how a musician is portrayed, but I already know how Elvis is portrayed (by himself). I still would watch it on streaming but that's it. Maybe it's just me tho.

I knew Lightyear wasn’t going to open up to Toy Story-esque numbers, but I wasn’t expecting it to flop this hard. Sheesh. I thought the marketing was confusing and once I found out that it wasn’t really about Andy’s toy Buzz Lightyear, I personally lost interest. I’m one of those folks who will get around to watching it on streaming once it’s out. 

Edited by Starde

22 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I feel like if they were gonna do this type of thing they should have gone with a Woody Disney+ show first.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Hey I was friends with sablaah back in my twitter days. What a throwback.