Claudio

Thor: Love & Thunder | International Box Office Thread | $360.9M OS after a month of release, WW reaches $662.4M worth of Goat sold.

3 hours ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

The fact that a Thor movie in 2022 may not hit $800M WW (even without China and Russia) is sad. Shoulda been easy.

In Germany it will open below the 2nd weekend of Minions 2 with a significant chance of opening below it in not just admissions but also in $. Thinking that could also be the case in some other markets.

But Thor already knows that feeling - Thor 3 opened behind the 2nd weekend of a German movie (FJG 3). (Thor 2 opened in first place though and in it second weekend FJG 1 opened). And Thor 1 opened on the same weekend as Fast & Furious 5.

Landing within projections, Disney/Marvel’s fourth Thor movie grossed $159M in 47 overseas markets to hit a $302M global start. This gives the film the No. 2 debut of 2022, behind stablemate Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness which benefited from a Spider-Man halo.

There is always a rush-out for Marvel movies and this movie’s challenge ahead is to play beyond the fanbase. We’ve seen scores of times that critical scores have not been an impediment, and Thor has a clear runway ahead.

Numbers may not have been as strong as hoped for in Europe (the UK had crazy hot weather this weekend — and, again, that really does count), while Minions edged Thor in Germany. But the Australia number is off the charts.

Smartly, Disney stayed off this weekend in France where Minions debuted, and still has that market to come. Korea performed just where it was expected, and led all play with $15.3M for the frame. Japan for its part can be hit-and-miss, but the $4.5M start is good.

In IMAX, Love And Thunder did $23M global, including $9.2M overseas for the 3rd best July debut in the format. All-time top 10 IMAX opening weekends were found in 17 countries including Germany, Sweden, Turkey, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Chile, Ecuador and Argentina.

In total across regions, Thor 4 grossed $72.3M from Asia-Pacific; $35.4M from Latin America and $51.3M throughout Europe (again, with France still to come next week).

On 7/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, Marcos12 said:

3.5 on Filmow.

https://filmow.com/thor-amor-e-trovao-t276352/

it is already behind Multiverse of Madness (3.6) and only ahead of Eternals (3.4) among  MCU movies released in the last 3. 4 years. we have to remember that the number of opinions  still quite small (and I don't even know if  Filmow grade/reviews is really reliable, although most of the time it is), but Imo ,  I will be surprised if it has WOM much better than MOM.

3.2 now on Filmow, from what I've seen, it's already the worst rated MCU movie ever on FIlmow (for comparisons, Thor Dark World and Eternals  3.4, and Multiverse of Madness 3.6), when I said that TLT could have the same or even worse word of mouth than Multiverse. of madness in some countries (after seeing  bad reaction from the audience in Korea and  reactions of some people after  premiere in Brazil), for me Brazil is one of them, from what I see TLT has an even worse reception than Multiverse of madness had in Brazil, I'm not surprised that it is already considerably below MOM on Filmow ratings (3.2 vs 3.6).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bruce said:

will hit around 750m

have to say It's Really disappointed

Well ER are f*cked up in almost every country in the world and with no China Russia and lot of more countries at all I dont think that’s too bad tbh 

this would probably means more than 1B even with this wom with a more “friendly” release 

Edited by lor15

14 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Yep, 750m would be disappointing. Same as JWD, would need an China release to save it.

May not even get there with the way domestic is shaping up. Buts let's wait for second weekend drops and see.

Below ragnarok WW-china(740m) is also on the table.

• Astonished 1

15 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's probably going to finish below Ragnarok isn't it? Would be impressive if it could hit 850m with the mixed WoM it's getting.

It was always gonna finish below ragnarok after that opening weekend.

Had it at 350/775-800m before

Now 

315-330/725-750m WW.