Claudio

Thor: Love & Thunder | International Box Office Thread | $360.9M OS after a month of release, WW reaches $662.4M worth of Goat sold.

Adjusted for exchange rate and missing markets, OS-C biz of L&T is par FFH except for big difference between two in Korea.

FFH had 39.5M admits in China and that's sort of like standard expectations now for a MCU mid tier (in scale, not quality) standalone movie. If well liked can go for 50M admits as well like that of Aquaman, etc.

That 39.5M with current prices and better ER i.e. pre Russia war was $250M. 

So let me handle this stuff and unless you actually track Chinese market regularly, stay mum.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Adjusted for exchange rate and missing markets, OS-C biz of L&T is par FFH except for big difference between two in Korea.

FFH had 39.5M admits in China and that's sort of like standard expectations now for a MCU mid tier (in scale, not quality) standalone movie. If well liked can go for 50M admits as well like that of Aquaman, etc.

That 39.5M with current prices and better ER i.e. pre Russia war was $250M. 

So let me handle this stuff and unless you actually track Chinese market regularly, stay mum.

So you're basing this on what exactly? Other markets performance. It's not like it's not a necessity that it would've performed like that in China too, especially when movies far more bigger haven't.

Nice, I'm sure this would have done 250 million in China just like it would've opened to 200 million in Domestic.

Anyways i don't want to argue with person who thought addition of Tobey & Andrew in movie will not have much impact on NWH.

51 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

what besides avengers have done that or more?

On 6/21/2022 at 2:41 AM, Issac Newton said:

Japan Box Office

Thor (2011) : ¥550M / $7.0M

Thor (2014) : ¥650M / $6.3M

Thor (2017) : ¥1.15B / $10.2M

In Feb 2014, "Thor: The Dark World" opened with ¥187,085,300 / 144,456 attendees across 627 screens nationwide.

Then, in Nov 2017, "Thor: Ragnarok" opened with ¥397,972,300 (Sat-Sun - ¥230,616,800 / 148,890 admits)

I think "Thor: Love &Thunder" should do at-least ¥1.5B / $11.1M with a OW of at-least ¥450M / $3.3M. 

Projecting finishing line - ¥1350M / $10.1M 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

How long are we going to wonder what films could do in a normal China?  it's been years now and even before that certain movies would be banned from China release for all types of reasons. There's no more 'would have' or 'could have' with China. it just is... 

consider yesterday's Taiwan bullshit stuff,I even think Avatar is in danger now,we have to admit the fact that America and China's relationship got wrose and worse recent days,I'm not willing to talk about politics this thread,but the true is the bad relationship between USA and CN effect the import of HLW,2 years ago the whole thing is just about Marvel,from today on,is about entire Hollywood,Minions already paessed the censorship 10 days ago,but now with Taiwan's thing happened yesterday,I Don't think it will Release in China anymore.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

How long are we going to wonder what films could do in a normal China?  it's been years now and even before that certain movies would be banned from China release for all types of reasons. There's no more 'would have' or 'could have' with China. it just is... 

It will stop in may be 2 years or so if China continue not having release.

But for now, we have to consider it for better context and comparing with other films that had China release in past or still having like FFH or JWD now.

• Like 2

Seems like $422-425M final. DOM would have hit $345-350M but Disney+ will kill it after Sep 8, now may be $343-345M.

$765-770M worldwide. If everything was normal, around $1.05B real value. 

For those asking specifics.

Around $25M ER diff.
Around $50M in missing markets Russia, Saudi, Malaysia and Middle East.

Around $200-225M in China (35M+ admits vs 39.5M of FFH).

• Like 2

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Just curious why the Numbers says this movie was released in Russia. I thought it was banned, Russia (CIS) Box Office for Thor: Love and Thunder (ТОР: ЛЮБОВЬ И ГРОМ) (2022) (the-numbers.com)

Everything was just a lie.. We were never aware that "Headlines are just for attraction, but something else is happening behind the scene"

• Astonished 1