EmpireCity

Weekly Thread 6/20/22 - JWD $8.5m, TGM $8.0m, LY $6.8m

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I wrote "climbed the ranks back", by which i meant that E.T. added more than just a few millions to its gross in the years/decades after the original run, which allowed it to stay in the Top 5 / Top 10 / Top 25 far longer than if it just was for its original 359M run. I didnt mean the achievement of the original run, since it became the highest-grossing film of all time back 1982. 

Got ya. Sorry for the confusion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Interesting picture for Elvis you got there

Lilo & Stitch has the best Elvis scenes in anything ever. Btw, Lilo & Stitch is a complete treasure.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Lilo & Stitch has the best Elvis scenes in anything ever. Btw, Lilo & Stitch is a complete treasure.

That, Tangled and Emperor’s New Groove are the under-appreciate trio

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

It's very limited,  and mainly the last showing of the night. I think it will get a proper imax re-release in August or September 

I feel like just the fact they’re already giving it some shows back is a good sign.

I hope they sell very well because if they do there’s no way they won’t give it a proper re-release later.

• Like 2

In all seriousness though, I learned earlier today that Lilo & Stitch is officially 20 years old and that was a real "man I feel old" for me (FTR I'm 24, and I know I sound like a dweeb when I say that). I'm now at the point where things are turning 20 and I can vividly remember watching the commercials and trailers for these movies when they were coming out. It's legitimately insane.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Was looking at an archived all-time chart from 2004 or so. Top ten were all 400+. Now it's all basically 600+. 

Still amazing that Shrek 2 got up to 3rd all-time. 

And in 2036 we will look back fondly as Endgame is pushed out of the top 10...

#Sadge 

7 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

And in 2036 we will look back fondly as Endgame is pushed out of the top 10...

#Sadge 

TA may be on the way out pretty soon, pushing us back to just 4 in the top 10. Bet it gets to 6/10 someday though.

6 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

TA may be on the way out pretty soon, pushing us back to just 4 in the top 10. Bet it gets to 6/10 someday though.

If things go right then TLJ, TA and JW will both be gone in the next 8 months. 

• ...wtf 1

24 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

In all seriousness though, I learned earlier today that Lilo & Stitch is officially 20 years old and that was a real "man I feel old" for me (FTR I'm 24, and I know I sound like a dweeb when I say that). I'm now at the point where things are turning 20 and I can vividly remember watching the commercials and trailers for these movies when they were coming out. It's legitimately insane.

I remember the Stitch ads on my VHS and DVDs of Monsters Inc and Schoolhouse Rock.

26 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

You know what really fucked me up was realizing that the same amount of time that passed in between 2001 and 2013 has passed in between 2010 and now.

• Like 1

I felt really really old when i learned that were now closer to 2030 than 2013.

Also, the year 1980 is now further away from us than 1940 was for the people that lived during 1980.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1