Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

People who spent their youth with Hollywood movies will continue to like them, for most of them.As my father B)So no problem :)

I don't doubt that. These posts are maily my reaction to your sugestion that Hollywood should concentrate their efforts to younger markets.

I don't doubt that. These posts are maily my reaction to your sugestion that Hollywood should concentrate their efforts to younger markets.

Not all of them...Africa is obviously too small and poor, same thing for Bolivia,Bangladesh or Pakistan...But the potential of growth is huge in China,Russia,India,Colombia,Mexico,Brazil,Ukraine,Turkey,Argentina,Philippines..Their expansion is incredible there, and the US is an exception in the developed world : as much births as in the 60s (and beyond 50s), so their stunning market will remain very big with a good potential for growth.

Not all of them...Africa is obviously too small and poor, same thing for Bolivia,Bangladesh or Pakistan...But the potential of growth is huge in China,Russia,India,Colombia,Mexico,Brazil,Ukraine,Turkey,Argentina,Philippines..Their expansion is incredible there, and the US is an exception in the developed world : as much births as in the 60s (and beyond 50s), so their stunning market will remain very big with a good potential for growth.

I think for the future the main question is how will people consume their movies. Will they watch them in a theater with 3D glasses or on their Ipads?
  • Like 1

not so much, I expect in the maximun 4.000.000 of ticketshuge is above 5.500.000 million of ticketsIn tickets sold (million) IM: 2.811.622 TIH: 1.090.715 IM2: 3.221.186Thor: 2.577.897CA: 2.822.834

Hahaha I've just seen this. LOL.
  • Like 1

I've posted this yesterday on the International thread because I hadn't seen that, but here it goes:

Here in Brazil the movie premiered in April, 27th, at 968 screens, bringing 4,9 million people to to the theaters until last monday, faturing more than $30.465M so far. In the first weekend the movie fatured more than $11.418M breaking the OW record, at the second weekend (05/04-05/06), with an astonishing 17% drop and more $9,3M, with no signs of getting any less stronger.

To take in consideration, the second movie is American Reunion, with $830.000. :woot:

Avengers, SMASH!!!!!!!

Source: http://www.cineclick.com.br

Goffe was COMPLETELY off the mark when it comes to THE AVENGERS box office here in Brazil. :)

I don't even really know how far can it goes, we're STILL having sold out screenings across the country and it's been out since April, 27th. :D

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

I've posted this yesterday on the International thread because I hadn't seen that, but here it goes:Goffe was COMPLETELY off the mark when it comes to THE AVENGERS box office here in Brazil. :)I don't even really know how far can it goes, we're STILL having sold out screenings across the country and it's been out since April, 27th. :D

:hi5: :hi5: :hi5:
  • Like 1