Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't know what to predict for Solo to be honest, with this strike, the bad buzz around the movie and lack of interest around SW in Brazil...$3m/$3.5m at best?

Don't think that is reasonable. First off IW last weekend was 3.4m Thursday till Sunday. 

We know this:

Solo x2 IW Thursday, Solo +10/15% friday on IW, Sat will be smaller for Solo and Sunday as well.

So it can't do 3m-3.5m because IW will drop more than just 20%. 

If we take $0.2m IW Thursday we have $0.4m Thursday for Solo, a drop of 40% for IW 3.4-0.4= 3 3*0.6 is 1.8m this weekend + 0.2 thursday would be $2m IW and maybe $2m - $2.1m Solo. It might be a bit higher if the drop Weekend to weekend from IW is better.

I don't think it will do much more than IW, was Thurday a Holiday, if it wasn't thurday woudn't do much for Solo because Thursday isn't that big of a day.

Just now, pepsa said:

Don't think that is reasonable. First off IW last weekend was 3.4m Thursday till Sunday. 

We know this:

Solo x2 IW Thursday, Solo +10/15% friday on IW, Sat will be smaller for Solo and Sunday as well.

So it can't do 3m-3.5m because IW will drop more than just 20%. 

If we take $0.2m IW Thursday we have $0.4m Thursday for Solo, a drop of 40% for IW 3.4-0.4= 3 3*0.6 is 1.8m this weekend + 0.2 thursday would be $2m IW and maybe $2m - $2.1m Solo. It might be a bit higher if the drop Weekend to weekend from IW is better.

I don't think it will do much more than IW, was Thurday a Holiday, if it wasn't thurday woudn't do much for Solo because Thursday isn't that big of a day.

"at best" :redcapes:

Words have a sense my dear, and I was trying not to be too harsh with the movie, I'm such a good soul xD

1391586248816.gif

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

"at best" :redcapes:

Words have a sense my dear, and I was trying not to be too harsh with the movie, I'm such a good soul xD

1391586248816.gif

You mean if the state buys $1m worth of admission or Disney = at best 

:insane:

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You mean if the state buys $1m worth of admission or Disney = at best 

:insane:

3m - 3.5m ? SO what RTh said was double IW thursday, only a bit higher friday let's say 10-15% sat and sun it wil do less. Bigger bump for old movies on sat. So let's say IW did $0.15m - $0.20m Thurday, that would mean 0.3m - 0.4m for Thursday, last week IW was at

We know it's gonna be one its worst territories anyways, $2m or $3m doen't change much at this stage..

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yeah I know, it just sad now for Solo :(

Unrelated but this is some new, superb figurines that will make you feel better by the sheer power of their cuteness ^_^

ash-pikachu-pokemon-figure.jpg

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Solo is selling almost nothing in the room with biggest screen on the theater I'm used to go.

Here's how it sold so far for the screening that's about to start: http://prntscr.com/jmyfse (sorry, I don't know how to post pics directly here in the forum).

And if you take a look at the next screenings for the rest of the weekend almost only the same seats are already taken (proof: http://prntscr.com/jmyhrj that's for the one starting at 21h30, which is 6 hours away). So I assume these seats aren't available for some reason, and not actually bought tickets. Which means Solo probably sold 5 or 6 tickets for the next screening so far. For the night it's even worse, around 3 or 4. :(

Edited by Humbgul

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Some theaters are empty here. The strike is really affecting a lot of things...

Things are getting complicated.

1 hour ago, Humbgul said:

Solo is selling almost nothing in the room with biggest screen on the theater I'm used to go.

Here's how it sold so far for the screening that's about to start: http://prntscr.com/jmyfse (sorry, I don't know how to post pics directly here in the forum).

And if you take a look at the next screenings for the rest of the weekend almost only the same seats are already taken (proof: http://prntscr.com/jmyhrj that's for the one starting at 21h30, which is 6 hours away). So I assume these seats aren't available for some reason, and not actually bought tickets. Which means Solo probably sold 5 or 6 tickets for the next screening so far. For the night it's even worse, around 3 or 4. :(

That's gonna be fun lol

17 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

We know it's gonna be one its worst territories anyways, $2m or $3m doen't change much at this stage..

You'd be looking around 2 for DP2, less for Solo (which will be slightly higher in Admits than IW @#3)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

You'd be looking around 2 for DP2, less for Solo (which will be slightly higher in Admits than IW @#3)

That's definitely weak for Solo, ouch....Wonder if it will be enough for IW to pass Avengers 1?

Thanks anyway :)

7 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

Where's Brazil in that list? I can't believe it made less than U$2.2M :mellow:

1.3M from Brazil lol

45 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1