Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There's an important reform in the retirement system that the government needs the Congress to approve, but the presidency is fighting with allied parties, which is making it less likely for the government to reach the number of votes needed, and that is scaring investors away.

This reform is really essential, and if the government fails to pass it, the economy will collapse. Problem is, the reform is unpopular with voters, there's a lot of corrupt politicians in the Congress that are probably demanding money and power to vote for its approval. But the president is incompetent and unfit for office, he's surrounded by idiots, and his approval ratings with voters are falling to very low levels. So, he's having a hard time getting it done as smoothly as expected.

The exchange rate will only improve if the presidency get their s--- together and things start looking good for the reform to be approved this year. If they fail to approve it, then the ER will get much more uglier, and we could be seeing another president impeached.

Bolsonaro unpopular in just a short period of time? I would have thought he'll have a honeymoon period. This is becoming like a Macron situation then.

15 minutes ago, pepsa said:

$30.6m  by sunday. Did 24m lc last week in line with my expectancy. So it's at 117m lc almost passing BP.

Adding 24 to reach 117, around where do you see it ending? I assume Shazam will cause a big screen drop, but not sure about Dumbo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Adding 24 to reach 117, around where do you see it ending? I assume Shazam will cause a big screen drop, but not sure about Dumbo.

Dumbo won't give it super big hit would be my guess but yeah a DC movie (CMB) would make it drop big time. Probably around 136m - 141m lc would be my guess atm. 

• Like 1

distribuído pela chega ao seu terceiro final de semana com + 7 milhões de espectadores + R$ 117,5 milhões em somente no Brasil.

Translated from Portuguese by 

distributed by reaches its third weekend with + 7 Million viewers + R $117.5 million in Brazil only.

• Like 3

TOP 10 Final Semana 21 a 24/03:

1. Capitã Marvel

2. A Cinco Passos De Você

3. Nós

4. O Parque Dos Sonhos

5. Cine Holliudy 2: A Chibata Sideral

6. Chorar De Rir

7. Vingança A Sangue Frio

8. Maligno

9. Um Amor Inesperado

10. O Retorno de Ben

• Like 1

Good news, I'l be able to be there to comment about Shazam, it'll take less time than I thought to do what I wanted to do ;)

On 3/23/2019 at 4:16 AM, UserHN said:

Bolsonaro unpopular in just a short period of time? I would have thought he'll have a honeymoon period. This is becoming like a Macron situation then.

PS: I don't know where this is coming from but not really, this is the last popularity poll where he is ahead of all his competitors (Philippe isn't a competitor, he's his Prime Minister). Have a nice day ;)

https://twitter.com/BobLeCent

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Good news, I'l be able to be there to comment about Shazam, it'll take less time than I thought to do what I wanted to do ;)

PS: I don't know where this is coming from but not really, this is the last popularity poll where he is ahead of all his competitors (Philippe isn't a competitor, he's his Prime Minister). Have a nice day ;)

https://twitter.com/BobLeCent

It doesn't matter if his opponents are more unpopular than him. Based on that tweet, Macron's approval/disapproval is 30/70. That's a minus 40. In what world is that considered popular? Even the US pres Trump is more popular than him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It doesn't matter if his opponents are more unpopular than him. Based on that tweet, Macron's approval/disapproval is 30/70. That's a minus 40. In what world is that considered popular? Even the US pres Trump is more popular than him.

We're talking about France, not the US.

30% is not "popular" but in countries where a President went as low as 12% it's higher than the average : Chirac was at 28%, Sarkozy at 24% and Hollande at 12%. 30% is historically very impressive.

The US has a bipartisan system : 2 parties, with partisanship it means going below 40% is very hard. In a country like France with several parties it's almost impossible to reach 40% after the 1st months in power.

So yes, it totally matters that he is more popular that his opponents, it means he's still the best choice for French voters, his party is on top for the European Elections in 2 months, it tells you everything you need ;)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

We're talking about France, not the US.

30% is not "popular" but in countries where a President went as low as 12% it's higher than the average : Chirac was at 28%, Sarkozy at 24% and Hollande at 12%. 30% is historically very impressive.

The US has a bipartisan system : 2 parties, with partisanship it means going below 40% is very hard. In a country like France with several parties it's almost impossible to reach 40% after the 1st months in power.

So yes, it totally matters that he is more popular that his opponents, it means he's still the best choice for French voters, his party is on top for the European Elections in 2 months, it tells you everything you need ;)

Oh alright. You seem more versed in French politics. If Macron is the least unpopular, that's alright with me. I consider myself a moderate, specifically fiscal conservative and socially moderate. Because I'm a fiscal conservative, I like some of Macron's economic and fiscal policies. Let's just say he has the guts to take on the far-left in fiscal issues.

22 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

This the Brazil box office thread, not the thread for deluded Macron fanboys.

And this is a thread I created so you have no order to give me, now out of my way piece of trash! Since I made you understand anime are globally mainstream you seem to follow me like a dog following his master, that's tiring to see a loser being so obsessed by other people that way, get a life or I'll start complaining to the administrators.

PS: And I didn't bring Macron into the conversation, someone else did and I had a right to answer so your attack is all the more out of step.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Moderation

NIRD

As this is the Brazil Thread discussion of other Brazilian topics is OK but let's avoid discussing politics in other countries.

Please be nice to one another and treat each other with respect.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 1

I'm back for Shazam!

So, I expect it to have a better OW than Wonder Woman and a weaker one than Aquaman. However the ER is at its worst level of the year: $1 = R$3.92!!!!

As for Captain Marvel it reached $34m or around 131m, it's now bigger than Black Panther in local currency :o:o:o

Big fall to expect with Shazam, 140m should be reached at the very least, 150m reachable with some luck.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

ER at 4 :(  

Still CM’s 4th largest OS market 😎    

Simply an an incredible performance here, and Shazam+Endgame will continue the party

Shazam and Endgame couldn't come at a worse moment, it's tragic..

Damm we need the ER to drop to 3.6 in the next 20 days. EG needs some luck with the ER.

This is no fun.

Avengers had one of the best ER's

Than we got AOU => everyone was like yeah but the ER is very bad

Then IW came along => well the ER is even worse thaan what AOU had but surely it can't go even worse.

EG well guess even worse is very possible. Can we just for one movie have a good ER? is this so much to ask.

• Thanks 1