Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Still good to quote Deadline :P

In Brazil, Batman and the gang leveraged the Republic Day holiday to open on a non-traditional Wednesday and scored the biggest industry opening day of all time (in local currency). The Zack Snyder-helmed film captured 74% of the Top 5 films’ share for an estimated $3.7M (12.3M reals) on 1,509 screens. This is also the widest release ever in the market and it’s a great start to what should be one of the top plays for this installment. Brazil was the No. 3 overseas market on Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and the No. 2 play on Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I won't be surprised if this movie breaks another record. No ticket available today here ( not a single theater ) and there are several sellouts for tomorrow. It's crazy, I've never seen that before.

Did Justice League have a huge promotion in Brazil or you Brazilians are just huge DC/comic book fans? :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Did Justice League have a huge promotion in Brazil or you Brazilians are just huge DC/comic book fans? :)

I think both, lol.

This movie is getting much better WOM than MOS, BVS and SS, that's for sure. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Can JL become the first 50M grosser in the country since 2012? hmmm

That seems unlikely, it would need R$163m, reaching 150m would be pretty incredible already.

That's how terrible the ER is.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Is Star Wars big in Brazil? I'm wondering if The Last Jedi will open huge there.

The Last Jedi is unpredictable there : SWm ovies weren't big before The Force Awakens...The Force Awakens impressed...Rogue One really disappointed....so who knows about TLJ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Where DC decidedly demonstrates power is in Latin America. In its second day, Brazil generated another strong $1.4M (R$ 4.7M) on 1,508 screens and maintained an 87% share of the Top 5 films. The local total is $5.6M.

Clearly less than the opening day but it was a holiday, that's clearly a strong second day, and a market share at 87% is incredible! :o

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Where DC decidedly demonstrates power is in Latin America. In its second day, Brazil generated another strong $1.4M (R$ 4.7M) on 1,508 screens and maintained an 87% share of the Top 5 films. The local total is $5.6M.

My estimates for the weekend thanks to what we have for now : $13m OW or R$40m+ (Wednesday-Sunday)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Clearly less than the opening day but it was a holiday, that's clearly a strong second day, and a market share at 87% is incredible! :o

Yep. Holiday was on Wednesday and Thursday was a normal day of work, schools and so on. I expect this number to increase a little bit.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yep. Holiday was on Wednesday and Thursday was a normal day of work, schools and so on. I expect this number to increase a little bit.  

It will be a great run to follow that's for sure : will it pass The Avengers 2 or not? Can't wait to know :)

1 million tickets sold in 2 days

https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/liga-da-justica-vende-mais-de-1-milhao-de-ingressos-em-dois-dias-no-brasil/

R$ 18m now 

This is insanely high. Warner Bros Brazil ( unlike Warner Bros America ) will have reasons to celebrate here. They made a great job.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, UserHN said:

Is Star Wars big in Brazil? I'm wondering if The Last Jedi will open huge there.

I was really impressed by The Force Awakens doing over R$100 million here, since SW is not as big here as other franchises.

I expect The Last Jedi to have a big drop from TFA.

4 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

I was really impressed by The Force Awakens doing over R$100 million here, since SW is not as big here as other franchises.

I expect The Last Jedi to have a big drop from TFA.

It will benefit from.a much better ER than TFA though, so if there is a drop this drop will be less visible in USD.