Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I hope IW beat this record but is hard

Avengers 3 will get a 4-day OW, JL got a-day OW so not comparable. Like I said earlier we'll have to compare their daily average to know which one is the most performant.

26 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Is this frak8ng amazing number a record?It has to be.Holy Shit.

Well, technically it's the best Opening Weekend ever, but it did it in 5 days while other movies did less but in 4 days so I will have to talk about daily averages

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, technically it's the best Opening Weekend ever, but it did it in 5 days while other movies did less but in 4 days so I will have to talk about daily averages

5-days with an opening day holiday ;)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's history though, already in the record books, can't change that. Best Brazilian OW so far.

:redcapes:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's history though, already in the record books, can't change that. Best Brazilian OW so far.

:redcapes:

People not following box office on a regular basis will certainly see it that way. I just try to be honest, I have to given I manage this thread but that's obviously great to see :)

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in USD

Justice League : $14.2m (5-DAY)

The Avengers Age of Ultron : $12.6m (4-DAY)

Captain America Civil War : $12m (4-DAY)

Furious 7 : 11.9m (4-DAY)

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in local currency

Justice League : R$46.4m (5-DAY)

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m (4-DAY)

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m (4-DAY)

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m (4-DAY)

The Avengers 2 : 37.1m (4-DAY)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in USD

Justice League : $14.2m (5-DAY)

The Avengers Age of Ultron : $12.6m (4-DAY)

Captain America Civil War : $12m (4-DAY)

Furious 7 : 11.9m (4-DAY)

Justice League : R$46.4m (5-DAY)

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m (4-DAY)

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m (4-DAY)

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m (4-DAY)

The Avengers 2 : 37.1m (4-DAY)

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in USD : Daily Average to take the number of days into account

The Avengers Age of Ultron - daily average  : $3.15m per day

Captain America Civil War - daily average : $3m

Furious 7 - daily average : $2.97m

Justice League - daily average : $2.84m

Captain America Civil War - daily average  : R$10.95m per day

Batman vs Superman - daily average  : R$10.15m per day

Twilight BD Part 2 - daily average  : R$9.35m per day

Justice League - daily average  : R$9.3m per day

The Avengers 2 - daily average  : R$9.27m per day

As you can see Justice League mostly benefited from having 5 days, one being a holiday, but on average it's not the biggest one. If it wants to take the hot spot it'll need great legs.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Thursday was slower than usual for JL because it didn't have midnight previews and it wasn't opening day. If you want to compare the per day average you have to include Monday for the other movies, because JL's Thursday played like a Monday.

I don't know about that..J benefited from a Wednesday that was a holiday..Plus, Monday numbers are usually not available.

On 19/11/2017 at 2:31 PM, Fullbuster said:

Avengers 3 will get a 4-day OW, JL got a-day OW so not comparable. Like I said earlier we'll have to compare their daily average to know which one is the most performant.

On the other hand, if you do that you are taking into consideration a Thursday and a weekend that were lower than a usual Thursday/weekend. All the mega fans, that would be there on OD regardless of it being a holiday or not, went on Wednesday, not on Thursday. Also, many non mega fans that would have watched it on the weekend, watched it on Wednesday because it was a holiday, lowering the numbers for the weekend. Therefore, it's not advisable to compare by the daily average.

Edited by Sydney Bristow
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 7:44 PM, efialtes76 said:

Sorry but you seem like a very unfluenced person.

700 movie getting a release, if you live in a city there is usually between 50 to 70 different movie playing any given day.

Yes the one you go see among all of those is usually because you have been influenced (you have not seen any of them so....), would it be influenced by a giant marketing campaign that showed you a trailer you liked or a giant marketing department that created a franchise / studio that bought and put a franchise logo on the movie, critics/friend/people you trust online that said good things about the movie, by the distributor and theater chain that put the movie on the multiplex easy to reach from the highway and the best screen, influenced by the people behind the camera that made the movie or people in front of the camera that you trust their script picking judgement.

You cannot see a movie before seeing it, you tend to see at maximum 5% of the movie you could see, you tend to be influenced by what you choose to see if it is not random (how could it otherwise be ?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sydney Bristow said:

On the other hand, if you do that you are taking into consideration a Thursday and a weekend that were lower than a usual Thursday/weekend. All the mega fans, that would be there on OD regardless of it being a holiday or not, went on Wednesday, not on Thursday. Also, many non mega fans that would have watched it on the weekend, watched it on Wednesday because it was a holiday, lowering the numbers for the weekend. Therefore, it's not advisable to compare by the daily average.

That's a valuable position. I'm a bit torn about what to do 🤔