Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Blame countries such as Italy, Germany and Brazil for being too good. These 3 countries alone have won more than half of all the world cup held.

(13 out of 20)

Worth noting that brazil is the only country to feature in all 20 world cup.

Only South America and European countries have won a world cup.

Seeing the Brazillian box office growing and records getting broken is good news especially when the country has just slowly crawled out of a recession. 

Edited by you'vegotmail

27 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

$35.6M for JL.

That means it's around R$116m, +14m over last weekend.

With SW8 next weekend the all-time record seems pretty unreachable now, I see it ending between 130-140m. Will it beat Batman vs Superman?

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Eager to see Thor 3's numbers as well, I want to know if it can pass R$100m!

On a global haul of $833.2m, Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok has overtaken Spider-Man ($822m) and Wonder Woman ($822m) in the box office pantheon. The tentpole added $3.1m to reach $532m internationally.

China once again is the top market on $112m, followed by the UK on $40.4m, South Korea on $35.1m, Brazil on $30.3m, and Australia on $26m

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, raulbalarezo said:

On a global haul of $833.2m, Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok has overtaken Spider-Man ($822m) and Wonder Woman ($822m) in the box office pantheon. The tentpole added $3.1m to reach $532m internationally.

China once again is the top market on $112m, followed by the UK on $40.4m, South Korea on $35.1m, Brazil on $30.3m, and Australia on $26m

Wow, it's really close to the end, it gained $0.4m in one week, around R$1.3m, meaning it needs R$0.6m to reach 100m..it's gonna be hard!

Any of you followed the Comic Con Experience (aka Comic Con Brazil) this weekend? I didn't, but from the news that popped up on my Twitter feed it seems there was a lot of content from the studios. It's great that they're investing in the brazilian audience. Am I wrong to have this impression that there was a lot more exclusive content this year? 

I've wanted to go but it would be a big investment to me and in the previous years it didn't seem like it was worth it, but I'll probably plan the trip for next year.

That being said, is it just me or BVS had better legs than JL here? :sparta:

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Any of you followed the Comic Con Experience (aka Comic Con Brazil) this weekend? I didn't, but from the news that popped up on my Twitter feed it seems there was a lot of content from the studios. It's great that they're investing in the brazilian audience. Am I wrong to have this impression that there was a lot more exclusive content this year? 

I've wanted to go but it would be a big investment to me and in the previous years it didn't seem like it was worth it, but I'll probably plan the trip for next year.

That's great, Brazil is in the top 5 markets for comicbook movies so it's entirely deserves :)

As for JL having worse legs than BVS I don't know, I'm going to check this, that'd be a great indicator :)

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Batman vs Superman's weekends vs Justice League's weekends :

BVS week 1 : $10.6m

BVS week 2 : $6.4m (-39%)

BVS week 3 : $4.1m (-36.6%)

BVS week 4 : $2.1m (-48%) (total $30.6m)

Justice League week 1 : $10.75m (total $14.5m)

Justice League week 2 : $5.4m (-47%) (total 25.2m)

Justice League week 3 : $4.1m (-24%) (total 31.2m)

Justice League week 4 : $2.5m (-39%) (total $35.6m)

However comparing them in USD is not totally fair given BVS had to fight with an even more terrible exchange rate. So this is 2 numbers in local currency :

Batman vs Superman reached R$108m in 4 weekends

Justice League reached R$116m in 4 weekends.

So no dear Napoleon, it was just a feelng you had but for now Justice League is in a better shape than BVSn not by much but that's good, and that corrobates my estimates : JL will end up between 130-140m. The all-time record being Avengers 2 with R$146m.

Apparently The Avengers 3 seems to be the only one able to top this Avengers 2, in this fast-growing market with records being broken all the time it's no mean feat to be on top since 2014!

Hope you enjoyed the analysis :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just bought tickets for Star Wars. I'm surprised to see so many seats still available. 

I was literally the first person to buy a ticket for Thursday's screening at "Praia Shopping". :)

Cool. Are you from Natal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just bought tickets for Star Wars. I'm surprised to see so many seats still available. 

I was literally the first person to buy a ticket for Thursday's screening at "Praia Shopping". :)

That's not a good omen lol

• Haha 1

My local teather (also Rio) is giving it 3 screenings at midnight previews, and they’re already sold out (tickets available only in the first two rows). This local only gave JL 1 preview screening (which was stupid, this screening was completely sold out well before and they should have put up another). 

The other local is giving SW 5 screenings at previews, while it gave JL 3. Really good sales, they should all sell out.

Thing is, I feel SW is much more fan-base frontloaded, and the rest of the weekend won’t match the previews. In addition, now pretty much all schools have ended for the year, so more people will be watching the movies during the week.

@Blaze Heatnix, could it be that this screening was a new one, that they had just opened? Or people in Botafogo are more laid-back, and wait till the last moment. xD In Barra da Tijuca, the previews are selling like crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Bristow said:

My local teather (also Rio) is giving it 3 screenings at midnight previews, and they’re already sold out (tickets available only in the first two rows). This local only gave JL 1 preview screening (which was stupid, this screening was completely sold out well before and they should have put up another). 

The other local is giving SW 5 screenings at previews, while it gave JL 3. Really good sales, they should all sell out.

Thing is, I feel SW is much more fan-base frontloaded, and the rest of the weekend won’t match the previews. In addition, now pretty much all schools have ended for the year, so more people will be watching the movies during the week.

@Blaze Heatnix, could it be that this screening was a new one, that they had just opened? Or people in Botafogo are more laid-back, and wait till the last moment. xD In Barra da Tijuca, the previews are selling like crazy.

I bought 2 tickets for Thursday and Friday and Botafogo Praia Shopping was empty as hell ( I was actually surprised and expected to have problems buying them, but nope ). Then again, I don't know what happened later, so there's a chance people started buying like crazy. XD

I didn't even try to buy tickets for Wednesday, because that would be almost midnight and I won't have anybody to take care of my kids. :(

PS: I managed to buy tickets for the 2D version, thank GOD!!! Perhaps the 3D screens are selling like crazy, like you said Sidney Bristow. There are few 2D screenings here. In fact, I did count 3 or 4.

Where did you buy tickets? I usually try using ingresso.com

Edited by Blaze Heatnix