Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 12/4/2018 at 9:07 PM, fabiopazzo2 said:

Next year: Cap Marvel, Shazam,Avengers 4, The Lion King,Spidey, Frozen 

not bad 

I think Detective Pikachu and Joker will be big, Joker behind the scenes / clips made a great impression and  trailer for Detective Pikachu had a big buzz.

7 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Hey now, I'm being serious. It's only a 16% increase or so, crazier things have happened...

Sure :)

However keep in mind that the market seemed to have gone to the highest possible level with Infinity War and the overall market didn't grow 16% since then.

Not impossible but pretty hard.

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Sure :)

However keep in mind that the market seemed to have gone to the highest possible level with Infinity War and the overall market didn't grow 16% since then.

Not impossible but pretty hard.

Yeah, I mean, definitely not where I’m setting my expectations. Heck, R$240 would be  a **great** result even if it’s a slight decrease. My thoughts about R$300 are very similar to a DOM 300M OW — I know it’s probably out of reach, but a 5-10% increase from IW just gets so close the possibility taunts me.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

I don't know why you erased your comment but yeah : the current exchange rate is horrible, around $1 = R$3.91, it's once again close to the worst levels ever.

It's weird given the brazilian markets got the President they wanted, unless he already disappointed them (I didn't follow much).

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A lot of stars came to the Brazilian Comic Con this year, and also there was a lot of exclusive footage. Studios finally taking Brazil as an important foreign market. I will definitely go next year.

It was high time, thism arket is so huge for comicbook movies and even animated movies.

10 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Any ideas of how it will do? How’s the early buzz ?

I'm not Brazilian and don't go on Brazilian forums so there's nothing I can tell about early buzz but everything about Aquaman gives me Blacl Panther vibes somehow so I expect a similar start and similar total but I could be wrong given Justice League underperformed compared to expectations.

BP started at R$31m OW and ended at R$120.9m

Fantastic Beasts 2 is now the 12th biggest movie of the year in local currency, it has no chance of entering the top 10 at the current pace.

Aquaman is gonna take a lot of screens from it so it will probably seal its fate, I said it could end around $17m but I thought Aquaman would release on December 20 for some reason..It'll be happy with $16m I guess, it would be a 20% decrease over FB1.

16 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm not Brazilian and don't go on Brazilian forums so there's nothing I can tell about early buzz but everything about Aquaman gives me Blacl Panther vibes somehow so I expect a similar start and similar total but I could be wrong given Justice League underperformed compared to expectations.

BP started at R$31m OW and ended at R$120.9m

Yeah, but Justice League do not have good WOM (not even among DC fans, it is probably the DCEU movie that fans like less ), Aquaman WOM so far is great , it will not have big opening as Justice League but definitely will have better legs , I think that Aquaman will be in the range of Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Homecoming and Ragnarok (biggest solo SH movies in Brazil).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Yeah, but Justice League do not have good WOM (not even among DC fans, it is probably the DCEU movie that fans like less ), Aquaman WOM so far is great , it will not have big opening as Justice League but definitely will have better legs , I think that Aquaman will be in the range of Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Homecoming and Ragnarok (biggest solo SH movies in Brazil).

Well, yeah. I said it was what I expect.

My part about Justice League is just "in case", it's important to think about possibilities.

As for Aqualan's WOM it's still a bit early to say for sure, there's no RT average or reviews wait, at least outside of China.