Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 12/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, Fullbuster said:

I'm not Brazilian and don't go on Brazilian forums so there's nothing I can tell about early buzz but everything about Aquaman gives me Blacl Panther vibes somehow so I expect a similar start and similar total but I could be wrong given Justice League underperformed compared to expectations.

BP started at R$31m OW and ended at R$120.9m

/\

|

|

|

44 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

How's the buzz/critical response to Aquaman in Brazil one day before the opening?

• Like 2

@fabiopazzo2 making my life easier ahaha xD

Anyway, I'd wish we have a Brazilian BO experts having access to paid data who would give numbers and hints, I'm doing what I can to get the proper info but with data being increasingly restricted and the lack of time I feel this thread is not where it should be.

Oh well, it's almost at 1,000 pages so I guess it's not so bad ^^

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

So when do we know any number for the movie in Brazil?

Depends on Warner Bros: If they're very satisfied they will give us the OD numbers for several countries on Friday, if they don't then we'll have to wait for OW numbers on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manny G said:

I think we’ve been spoiled with the excellent coverage from the China Box office thread which litteraly tracks the numbers down to the minute.

China is pretty much a very modern, very advanced country at this point and they as a result have the ability to get an impressive array of data.

Brazil on the other hand is still clearly lacking in terms of infrastructures, it's still a 3rd world country at heart.

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Im expecting + 10/11M  in the OW. Aquaman have 5 days right?

4 days => Thursday to Sunday.

As for your estimates it would be pretty high : Black Panther started at 9.5m OW, it's perfectly possible though and would be a veery strong start.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, Fullbuster said:

Well, yeah. I said it was what I expect.

My part about Justice League is just "in case", it's important to think about possibilities.

As for Aqualan's WOM it's still a bit early to say for sure, there's no RT average or reviews wait, at least outside of China.

Reviews here are very good (better than in  USA), WOM seems to be very good too, at least for what I've seen so far, But yeah, let's wait to see  reactions when we have a larger sample.

7 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Reviews here are very good (better than in  USA), WOM seems to be very good too, at least for what I've seen so far, But yeah, let's wait to see  reactions when we have a larger sample.

Brazil is a friendlier territory for DC movies, they always outperformed here compared to the global average, probably the market where Marvel and DC are the closest in terms of market share.

53 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazil is a friendlier territory for DC movies, they always outperformed here compared to the global average, probably the market where Marvel and DC are the closest in terms of market share.

We cant say it because it is not fair, you're probably comparing  3 phase MCU movies with DCU movies that are at the beginning, MCU phase 3 movies has a help from a much more consolidated/recognized brand because there are already more than 20 films while DCU is going to 6 now , in addition most of these phase 3 MCU movies are sequels and  sequels of the big Hollywood franchises have a growth at foreign markets compared to  original movies (this happens in about 80% of the cases).

What we can do is compare the supposed phase 2 of DC (pos JL) with phase 2 of the MCU (pos Avengers ) will be a much fairer comparison because DCU will have a more recognized brand  OS and will have sequels in it (Wonder Woman 84 and probably Suicide Squad 2, maybe even Aquaman 2), 

Only thing we can say is that Avengers started much bigger than Justice League and left a much better impression for audience, but that's it,  DCU can recover in the next films and in others IP.

Edited by Lucasmessi12