Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

50 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't find Black Panther's OD but it grossed $3.8m in 2 days so probably close to $1.9m OD. Aquaman seems to be a stronger movie than Wonder Woman  was but maybe not as big as Black Panther.

Wonder Woman total box office in Brazil = R$110m (local currency).
Black Panther total box office in Brazil = R$120m (local currency).

These 2 movies are the 2 biggest solo superhero movies of all time  in Brazil, and Aquaman will open with numbers similar to those 2, but you always try to find something to look like the numbers from  a DC movie is not good, Dude, your bias in favor of Disney films is obvious, and it is so obvious that i find it funny now:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

32 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Aquabro? xD

Well yeah, I guess it's possible. The problem with Brazil is the limited number of cinemas/theaters compared to the overall population so it means movies lose screens whenever other big movies release, and with Mary Poppins, Mortal Enfines and Ralph 2 coming in the next few weeks the loss of screens is inevitable.

However remember that it's just conjecture and a strong WoM could give it incredible legs in the end.

At least I think Aquaman will be able to keep most of its screens due to strong word of mouth and given the fact that there's zero hype to Mary Poppins and Mortal Engines and Ralph will only release in January 4.

• Like 2

And continuing...

Exchange rates when Black Panther was released in Brazil were much better, 1 dollar = between R $ 3.20 and R $ 3.30 reais during the period that Black Panther was released, now 1 dollar = R $ 3.90 which is why the dollar difference will be higher, Aquaman has a much worse exchange rate.

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

And continuing...

Exchange rates when Black Panther was released in Brazil were much better, 1 dollar = between R $ 3.20 and R $ 3.30 reais during the period that Black Panther was released, now 1 dollar = R $ 3.90 which is why the dollar difference will be higher, Aquaman has a much worse exchange rate.

That's fair, indeed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

At least I think Aquaman will be able to keep most of its screens due to strong word of mouth and given the fact that there's zero hype to Mary Poppins and Mortal Engines and Ralph will only release in January 4.

Yeah, Marry Poppins and ME aren't the kind of movies usually doing well in Brazil.

12 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Wonder Woman total box office in Brazil = R$110m (local currency).
Black Panther total box office in Brazil = R$120m (local currency).

These 2 movies are the 2 biggest solo superhero movies of all time  in Brazil, and Aquaman will open with numbers similar to those 2, but you always try to find something to look like the numbers from  a DC movie is not good, Dude, your bias in favor of Disney films is obvious, and it is so obvious that i find it funny now:lol:

Did you ever think that since we are taling about the OW of aquaman that he might have been talking about AQM ow compared to WW and BP ow's and BP's OW was a quite a bit stronger than WW's OW so you can't open to simmilar numbers to those to because BP opened 29% higher than WW.

So in OD BP was clearly a lot bigger, in comparison WW's legs were quite a bit stronger than BP so they end up very close because the crazy WoM of WW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Did you ever think that since we are taling about the OW of aquaman that he might have been talking about AQM ow compared to WW and BP ow's and BP's OW was a quite a bit stronger than WW's OW so you can't open to simmilar numbers to those to because BP opened 29% higher than WW.

So in OD BP was clearly a lot bigger, in comparison WW's legs were quite a bit stronger than BP so they end up very close because the crazy WoM of WW.

I see now why @Lucasmessi12 seems so irritated, he's into this Marvel vs DC war and thinks I'm trying to put DC down...Damn, yes I love Disney very much but I don't care about this tribalism between the 2 brands, a good movie is a good movie, end of story. I love Wonder Woman more than any Marvel solo movie by the way, apart from The Winter Soldier.

Is it possible to have a debate without poisoning the well with tribalism? I just see facts and give my opinions. It's not my fault if Marvel movies are on average a bit stronger than DC ones in Brazil.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I see now why @Lucasmessi12 seems so irritated, he's into this Marvel vs DC war and thinks I'm trying to put DC down...Damn, yes I love Disney very much but I don't care about this tribalism between the 2 brands, a good movie is a good movie, end of story. I love Wonder Woman more than any Marvel solo movie by the way, apart from The Winter Soldier.

Is it possible to have a debate without poisoning the well with tribalism? I just see facts and give my opinions. It's not my fault if Marvel movies are on average a bit stronger than DC ones in Brazil.

Dude, no one here is blind, everyone who frequents this thread and saw you discussions with others older members who frequented this thread , already know that you are Disney fanboy (Disney fanboy, not Marvel fanboy).

You should be like other fanboys of this site who already say they are really fanboy (Marvel, DC,  Disney, Cameron and etc) ,  stop hiding in hypocrisy.

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Dude, no one here is blind, everyone who frequents this thread and saw you discussions with others older members who frequented this thread , already know that you are Disney fanboy (Disney fanboy, not Marvel fanboy).

You should be like other fanboys of this site who already say they are really fanboy (Marvel, DC,  Disney, Cameron and etc) ,  stop hiding in hypocrisy.

Yes, I'm a Disney fanboy and I never hid it, I tell it all the time so why do you act like you suddenly discovered a dark secret of mine? Come on, everybody knows here I'm an open book when it comes to what I love ^^"

What you fail to realize is that being a Disney fan does not mean you hate everything else : I love Wonder Woman and Man of Steel, it's a fact.Why do you think I'm never part of the Marvel vs DC debates? That's why.

The problem here is that you see the world as black & white : you cannot imagine a world where people can like both and where there's no hatred between 2 groups.

Open your eyes, the world is more complicated than that and human psychology as well.

• Like 3

1.3m Thur

2.1m Fri (61.5% increase over Thurs)

That 61.5% increase seems very good.

@Fullbuster Does Sat and Sun nomaly increase a lot over friday?

8.4 - 3.4 = 5m

So it needs 2.5m on both Sat and Sun, if it acts like most markets I follow that should be easy. 

Even more impressive than WW taking in to account that the ER is so bad atm.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, pepsa said:

1.3m Thur

2.1m Fri (61.5% increase over Thurs)

That 61.5% increase seems very good.

@Fullbuster Does Sat and Sun nomaly increase a lot over friday?

8.4 - 3.4 = 5m

So it needs 2.5m on both Sat and Sun, if it acts like most markets I follow that should be easy. 

Even more impressive than WW taking in to account that the ER is so bad atm.

That's very promising indeed, $8.5-9m OW seem reasonable to expect, and better than that wouldn't be surprising.

Edited by Fullbuster

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

My guess would b $9.2m OW, that would translate in to 36m LC OW thats 50% more than WW and 17% higher than BP. 

Honestly that would be insane.

Definitely, Black Panther was a phenomenon for Black Brazilians so it's been an event like it was in the USA somehow, Aquaman doing better would be a very strong performance!

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Definitely, Black Panther was a phenomenon for Black Brazilians so it's been an event like it was in the USA somehow, Aquaman doing better would be a very strong performance!

And that would almost be on par with AoU OW so thats that too. 

• Like 1