Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

10 hours ago, LordNox said:

It seems that Shazam is really only a movie that is enjoyable for Americans sadly. The humor, story and characters in Shazam seems to be hard for many except Americans to connect with for whatever reason.

The lack of major action scenes are also probably a major problem for Shazam overseas. Because what audiences over the world want most from superhero movies is action and stuff happening, and Shazam probably offers the least of that when it comes to this genre.

So you're the LordNox thry were talking about, I didn't expect you here ^^"

Hard for me to tell without seeing the movie however I pretty much liked what I saw without being American..on the other hand the lack of action is indeed a problem for comicbook movies, and all the more for IPs people don't know outside of the US.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It was late, I was exhausted so no, but I'm gonna read it.

I hope you like the France POV describing wiki entry in French.

Just in case it is not mentioned there, the interpretation what is a genre and what not differs partly in a big way from country to country, so please do not be surprised to find other POV here at BOT as well.

TOP10 Sabado 6 de Abril

1. Shazam!

2. Dumbo

3. CapitãMarvel

4. ACincoPassosDeVocê

5. Nós

6. DuasRainhas

7. OParqueDosSonhos

8. CineHolliudy2:AChibataSideral

9. OTradutor

10. GloriaBell

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Brazil - $5.1M

And you were saying?

If you read Fullbuster's statement, his/her initial prediction is $5M, and that $5M pred "isn't a particularly optimistic one". Which means, $5M is still an underperformance for Brazil, which is one of the top superhero loving countries in the world.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Don’t think so considering Endgame is coming. But maybe the WOM will bring out the DCEU fans who skipped it this weekend to show up in the next couple of weeks. 

the first ant man open 3.8 with a total of 12.4, i think this one will make 15-20

Edited by AnDr3s

57 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Hey, I'm still really good at it, my $5m prediction was right :shades:

Sorry @pepsa but you still have a lot to learn from me :😛

I didn't make any prediction on Shazam, so you were 100k off and wasn't off at all (technicaly)

51 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I was refering to previous comments from you.

Mmmh, not in a good today huh? :shades:

It was ment as a joke :( 😛 

But if I had to make a predicition for Shazams OW I would have said $5.1m for est, and $5.2m for actuals

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1