Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

No we prefer French movies

The French market share in Germany always has been lower than the US market share, so no, Intouchables isn't enough.But I think US movies will have less success there in the future because the country is old, young people demographics is declining, and retirees demographics is booming...Given Hollywood targets young people it's an obvious trend.

They should, Hollywood movies get a pretty big market share.

I don't say it's true, it's just for the fun ;) Honestly I don't understand why they can't give more success to The Avengers, in France we're not a superhero country but The Avengers had its chance because it's a good movie,quality is there.

The French market share in Germany always has been lower than the US market share, so no, Intouchables isn't enough.But I think US movies will have less success there in the future because the country is old, young people demographics is declining, and retirees demographics is booming...Given Hollywood targets young people it's an obvious trend.

I think you've got a good point here. We were both overdoing it with our arguments. But Hollywood is ging to experience a big problem, when they fail to realize that they are running out of developing countries soon. Take China in 1980 the median age (half younger:half older) of a Chinese was 22 years (characteristic for a developing country); now it is 34.5 years (almost as high as in the USA 37 years), In 2050 it will be 49 years for a Chinese and 40 for an American. Other countries have a similar trend. In Brazil median age is still 29.6 years.

I think you've got a good point here. We were both overdoing it with our arguments. But Hollywood is ging to experience a big problem, when they fail to realize that they are running out of developing countries soon. Take China in 1980 the median age (half younger:half older) of a Chinese was 22 years (characteristic for a developing country); now it is 34.5 years (almost as high as in the USA 37 years), In 2050 it will be 49 years for a Chinese and 40 for an American. Other countries have a similar trend. In Brazil median age is still 29.6 years.

China and India are different from other countries.There are more than a half billion young people in China or India.

China and India are different from other countries.There are more than a half billion young people in China or India.

Yes, even though China lose 200 million young people because of the single-child policy the numbers will remain big :)And the US will increase its young population (yes, you heard :) ).And Africa will be there, one day, Hollywood can be relaxed :)

Yes, even though China lose 200 million young people because of the single-child policy the numbers will remain big :)And the US will increase its young population (yes, you heard :) ).And Africa will be there, one day, Hollywood can be relaxed :)

Without the family planning policy, there might be more than 2b people in China now, then we have to send hundreds of millions of people to other countries. :lol:.