Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think people here don't care about the World Cup. Way too many problems to deal with. Cup is really irrelevant at least here. Things are way too much different if compared to previous events.

We have election this year. Many are still feeling the effects of the truckers strike. The crime rate doesn't stop increasing. Countless people losing their jobs.  For years, World Cup has been the Matrix for Brazil. People have ignored a lot of stuff in order to see the events. However, this is definitely not happening this year. We also have to remember the brutal 7x1 from Germany. 

It's true that the country is really in a very sad state...the potential is so huge, that's even why I decided to learn Portuguese in the first place. The country has EVERYTHING (population, size, resources..) to become a thriving superpower but that's just not the case now...

And among your potential presidential candidates I just don't see one having the needed long term vision and courage to do what is needed to free this potential.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

It's true that the country is really in a very sad state...the potential is so huge, that's even why I decided to learn Portuguese in the first place. The country has EVERYTHING (population, size, resources..) to become a thriving superpower but that's just not the case now...

And among your potential presidential candidates I just don't see one having the needed long term vision and courage to do what is needed to free this potential.

I looked at the population and 206M people live in Brazil, sixth most populated country, I didn't thought it were that many.

Germany is just the 16th biggest:lol: and will drop to 19 in the next few years.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Talking about potential ;)

4th biggest.

Bigger are 

China

India

US

So Indonesia and Pakistan have a higher population, but less internet users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Taruseth said:

I looked at the population and 206M people live in Brazil, sixth most populated country, I didn't thought it were that many.

Germany is just the 16th biggest:lol: and will drop to 19 in the next few years.

4th biggest.

Bigger are 

China

India

US

So Indonesia and Pakistan have a higher population, but less internet users.

These 2 countries are not at the same level of development so it's not a surprise.

And yes, Brazil is pretty massive, in size and territory. But it's a wasted potential...

Infinity War actually increased, the movie made $2M last week and $2.1M this one!

The trucker's strike really affected everything. 

EDIT: and this thursday was a holiday too, helped a lot.

Edited by Humbgul
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

@Blaze Heatnix Is the truck drivers strike over? Because it's hard to predict weekends with events like this.

It seems to be over. We're still feeling the effects, but most of the places are back to their normal routines. :)

This weekend was better than the last one. I went to the Shopping yesterday and it was insanely full. So, exepct better numbers this time. XD

• Like 1

IW's run in Brazil is nothing short of a miracle, it beats previous record by nearly 70% :wintf:

It's a shame that ER is so bad. It would be at ~$120M with 2012's ER, ~$140M with Avatar ER :whosad:

Edited by bladels
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Can we get to a nice USD total, or will JW kill the legs too much?

World Cup + Jurassic World 2 almost at the same time will probably kill IW, Deadpoool 2 and Solo, the 3 at the same time lol.

They have 2 weekends left though so yes IW can get a few more USD, probably around 67-69m.

11 minutes ago, bladels said:

IW's run in Brazil is nothing short of a miracle, it beats previous record by nearly 70% :wintf:

It's shame that ER is so bad. It would be at ~$120M with 2012's ER, ~$140M with Avatar ER :whosad:

Imagine something like that happening in the US lol, a movie besting The Force Awakens by 70% ^^

• Like 1

This is great, the Full week isn't down from last week, that's insane! Last week we did $2m, this week $2.1m we will just fall short of $69m :(

I would say $67m-$68m total seems likely.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, pepsa said:

This is great, the Full week isn't down from last week, that's insane! Last week we did $2m, this week $2.1m we will just fall short of $69m :(

I would say $67m-$68m total seems likely.

But....but...who could have predicted such a thing? :o

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

But....but...who could have predicted such a thing? :o

May I remember you that you said 2 weeks ago that the range of IW was $63m-$65m :P :Venom:

But good call! :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

May I remember you that you said 2 weeks ago that the range of IW was $63m-$65m :P :Venom:

But good call! :)

Well, it's at $64.9m and so close to the end of its run, I wasn't too off the mark :P

• Like 1