Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

OK, we posted at the same moment, there's a mind connection :rofl:

And yes about Twilight LOL.

Hahahaha, was thinking the same! 🤣

I hate this 90s rule, though it does make me check my spelling more. 

Btw I know I am not the person to speak about mistakes. But you wrote Thor the dark world 2 times in you OW adm showdown.

Edited by pepsa

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

I hate this 90s rule, though it does make me check my spelling more. 

Hahahaha, was thinking the same! 🤣

Btw I know I am not the person to speak about mistakes. But you wrote Thor the dark world 2 times in you OW adm showdown.

Oh? I will fix this tomorrow, I won't hide I tried to go fast, it's charity work and I'm pretty busy right now ^^

And what are you talking about? 90s rule?

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

You have an advantage though: your exams are pretty spread over 2 weeks..in France my exams were all happening in 4 or 5 days.

I remember about 3 exams in a single day, horrible lol.

Are you serious? You have multiple exams a day? We have 4 weeks with 6-8 exams total. It isn't even allowed to have less than 24 hours between 2 exams. 

That really is hard core, I tip my hat for you sir. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Oh? I will fix this tomorrow, I won't hide I tried to go fast, it's charity work and I'm pretty busy right now ^^

And what are you talking about? 90s rule?

What are you up to in life atm? If I can ask this rather rude question.

Btw since when do we have a like cap?

You can only post one message every 90s.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Are you serious? You have multiple exams a day? We have 4 weeks with 6-8 exams total. It isn't even allowed to have less than 24 hours between 2 exams. 

That really is hard core, I tip my hat for you sir. 

I'm totally serious, that's how it was, at least in my university. Having 2exams in a single day is very common, 3 exams can happen too.

Yeah, it was hard because you can mix everything up if you have to think 3 different topics in the same day, and so tiring.

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I'll tell you this tomorrow, I'm a bit tired tonight, but don't worry it's fine to ask :)

Good night ;)

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm totally serious, that's how it was, at least in my university. Having 2exams in a single day is very common, 3 exams can happen too.

Yeah, it was hard because you can mix everything up if you have to think 3 different topics in the same day, and so tiring.

I can believe that, I am happy it's not like that in Belgium. 3 exams on a day would make me go crazy. (not in a good way)

As for soccer, we are going to suck.....again 😛

9 hours ago, pepsa said:

You can only post one message every 90s.

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'll tell you this tomorrow, I'm a bit tired tonight, but don't worry it's fine to ask :)

Good night ;)

So, to be short : I got a temporary contract last year in global trade, it ended 2 months ago and that's a good thing because I now have anxiety attacks on a daily basis and I'm treating this, it'll take at least 1 month to treat and believe me I suffered a lot these last few weeks.

New job in September in a foreign country, probably The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pepsa said:

I can believe that, I am happy it's not like that in Belgium. 3 exams on a day would make me go crazy. (not in a good way)

As for soccer, we are going to suck.....again 😛

PS: I got an internship in Belgium and you seemed so proud of your Red Devils, talking about it everywhere..and now you dare sucking at it xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

So, to be short : I got a temporary contract last year in global trade, it ended 2 months ago and that's a good thing because I now have anxiety attacks on a daily basis and I'm treating this, it'll take at least 1 month to treat and believe me I suffered a lot these last few weeks.

New job in September in a foreign country, probably The Netherlands.

Believe me they won't be treated in 1 month. Unless it is a specific phobia, if not this might take a few months if not years. I hope you are getting good help, it is something you don't wish to anyone :( Really hope you will recover, because it doesn't make life easy.

Anyway good luck on your next job! Take your time :) 

Btw I might not be fully on point with how long something will take, still studying psychology and I don't have any realworld practice yet (at least not enough to be worth something). 

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

PS: I got an internship in Belgium and you seemed so proud of your Red Devils, talking about it everywhere..and now you dare sucking at it xD

Well yeah a lot of people like the Red Devils a lot, don't like nationalistic pride. Plus we might have a lot of talent they sure as hell don't know how to play together.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Believe me they won't be treated in 1 month. Unless it is a specific phobia, if not this might take a few months if not years. I hope you are getting good help, it is something you don't wish to anyone :( Really hope you will recover, because it doesn't make life easy.

Anyway good luck on your next job! Take your time :) 

Btw I might not be fully on point with how long something will take, still studying psychology and I don't have any realworld practice yet (at least not enough to be worth something). 

Well yeah a lot of people like the Red Devils a lot, don't like nationalistic pride. Plus we might have a lot of talent they sure as hell don't know how to play together.

I already made some progress through personal efforts (I put my life and behavior into question and changed many things such as the food I eat, practicing more physical activity..etc..), I have the right medication that is a "deep treatment" to avoid having to take medicines for years and I combine that with psychotherapy.

So I know it won't last too long with some will and efforts, I'm pretty optimistic because I acted fast and right away.

But yes, in the meantime it's painful without proper medication, tiring but hey I'm a fighter xD.

Oh not a fan of nationalistic pride either, that's why I don't support a team in particular for that cup anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I already made some progress through personal efforts (I put my life and behavior into question and changed many things such as the food I eat, practicing more physical activity..etc..), I have the right medication that is a "deep treatment" to avoid having to take medicines for years and I combine that with psychotherapy.

So I know it won't last too long with some will and efforts, I'm pretty optimistic because I acted fast and right away.

But yes, in the meantime it's painful without proper medication, tiring but hey I'm a fighter xD.

Oh not a fan of nationalistic pride either, that's why I don't support a team in particular for that cup anyway.

Glad to hear you are optimistic. And yeah you do look like a fighter/hard worker, from what I can tell on this forum.  

And yes be optimistic has a very big impact on the treatment itself (positive impact).

And yeah we ll see how teams play, Spain and France had a pretty weak showing yesterday, so did Belgium vs Portugal. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Glad to hear you are optimistic. And yeah you do look like a fighter/hard worker, from what I can tell on this forum.  

And yes be optimistic has a very big impact on the treatment itself (positive impact).

And yeah we ll see how teams play, Spain and France had a pretty weak showing yesterday, so did Belgium vs Portugal. 

I'm sure this pain will be a good thing in the end, it's a warning forcing you to change things in your life to feel better, to be healthier :)

So yes, positive :)

As for Spain I don't know but yes France was weak yesterday against the US, not a good omen lol.

• Like 1

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE REVENUES

2006 : $351m

2007 : $360m

2008 : $369m

2009 : $490m

2010 : $637m

2011 : $727m

2012 : $732m

2013 : $795m

2014 : $830m

2015 : $500m

2016 : $784m

2017 : $844m

2017 was the highest level ever in USD but with the current exchange rate I'm not sure 2018 will increase in USD...in local currency it's pretty sure though.

• Like 3

Ocean's 8 released on June 7 but I don't expet anything surprising.

Ocean's 11 grossed $6m, 12 grossed $5.7m and 13 grossed $4.6m.

The market grew, sure..but it also radically changed its tastes and the ER is horrible.

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE REVENUES

2006 : $351m

2007 : $360m

2008 : $369m

2009 : $490m

2010 : $637m

2011 : $727m

2012 : $732m

2013 : $795m

2014 : $830m

2015 : $500m

2016 : $784m

2017 : $844m

2017 was the highest level ever in USD but with the current exchange rate I'm not sure 2018 will increase in USD...in local currency it's pretty sure though.

Do you have local currency figures?

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

And yeah we ll see how teams play, Spain and France had a pretty weak showing yesterday, so did Belgium vs Portugal

Friendlies matches. Nothing relevant. Serious things come on Thursday...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

Do you have local currency figures?

I had them a while ago but FilmeB started to put these stats behind a paywall, it's annoying..I can at least give you these numbers :

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE REVENUES (in local currency)

2015: R$2.3B

2016: R$2.6B

2017: R$2.7B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I had them a while ago but FilmeB started to put these stats behind a paywall, it's annoying..I can at least give you these numbers :

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE REVENUES (in local currency)

2015: R$2.3B

2016: R$2.6B

2017: R$2.7B

Thank you very much :) This gives a better sight of the real increase of the market.

• Like 1