Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

49 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Don't forget: this Thursday in Brazil = ANT-MAN 2

When will I2 open in Brazil?

Edit: Oh, I forgot it already opened there. But why is Ant-Man 2 opening so close? Is Disney on drugs?

Edited by UserHN
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, UserHN said:

Edit: Oh, I forgot it already opened there. But why is Ant-Man 2 opening so close? Is Disney on drugs?

Maybe Disney doesn't choose the release dates, maybe Marvel/Lucas Films/Pixar are the ones doing it..As for Pixar I'm not even sure they still exist as an entity, I remember them being absorbed into WDAS or something like that?

17 hours ago, UserHN said:

They don't care if they are opening close. They just wanted Incredibles to come out in time for summer vacation.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Maybe Disney doesn't choose the release dates, maybe Marvel/Lucas Films/Pixar are the ones doing it..As for Pixar I'm not even sure they still exist as an entity, I remember them being absorbed into WDAS or something like that?

I didn't find anything, not surprising I didn't get any answer. Sounds like Pixar is still Pixar, not a WDAS unit.

Anyway, Disney spent $7.4B to acquire Pixar, it was a well-spent sum for sure :)

2 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

They don't care if they are opening close. They just wanted Incredibles to come out in time for summer vacation.

They should, many countries have limited numbers of screens, one is taking screens from the other most of the time.

Guys, it's terrible but it really seems The Avengers Infinity War definitely killed my interest in comicbook movies!!!

And no it's not because it was bad, that's the other way around: it was just so good that it was the ultimate superhero movie to me, I can't see anything coming after that being better. That's quite a shock but this movie just gave me everything I ever wanted for a superhero movie, I'm afraid the next movies will look pale in comparison..

The only exception is Captain Marvel, I just want to see her because i have a good feeling about her but that's pretty much it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Guys, it's terrible but it really seems The Avengers Infinity War definitely killed my interest in comicbook movies!!!

And no it's not because it was bad, that's the other way around: it was just so good that it was the ultimate superhero movie to me, I can't see anything coming after that being better. That's quite a shock but this movie just gave me everything I ever wanted for a superhero movie, I'm afraid the next movies will look pale in comparison..

The only exception is Captain Marvel, I just want to see her because i have a good feeling about her but that's pretty much it.

I have a feeling that after A4 which is basically IW2 , is released a slight CBM fatigue will happen. 

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Everything except A4 might pale a little in comparison, but that won’t stop me :)

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I have a feeling that after A4 which is basically IW2 , is released a slight CBM fatigue will happen. 

Thats why I think Feige is going to take them into a more stand alone style. There will be teamups like Winter Soldier and Ragnarok but the over arching long winding story of Thanos might be the only one of its kind. The Infinity Saga is a tremendous achievement that they won’t be able to replicate imo so they shouldn’t try. 

Im with @Fullbuster, once Avengers 4 is out, I’m going to have a hard time feeling this sort of anticipation for any superhero movie. I’ll defintely still enjoy them and look forward to them, but probably will never feel like this (outside of the Black Panther sequels if Coogler returns). It happened once with Harry Potter and it’ll very likely happen again. I very much enjoy Fantastic Beasts, but the level of anticipation isn’t there as it was with HP. To be honest it’s going to be very hard for any franchise to replicate that feeling anymore. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Thats why I think Feige is going to take them into a more stand alone style. There will be teamups like Winter Soldier and Ragnarok but the over arching long winding story of Thanos might be the only one of its kind. The Infinity Saga is a tremendous achievement that they won’t be able to replicate imo so they shouldn’t try. 

Im with @Fullbuster, once Avengers 4 is out, I’m going to have a hard time feeling this sort of anticipation for any superhero movie. I’ll defintely still enjoy them and look forward to them, but probably will never feel like this (outside of the Black Panther sequels if Coogler returns). It happened once with Harry Potter and it’ll very likely happen again. I very much enjoy Fantastic Beasts, but the level of anticipation isn’t there as it was with HP. To be honest it’s going to be very hard for any franchise to replicate that feeling anymore. 

How about a movie with both Avengers and X-Men superheroes? It could be the first ever superhero movie that is that large.  You know it could happen (if Comcast just backs down from snatching Fox from Disney's arms). You still won't anticipate it?

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

And Gotg 3 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

And Gotg 3 😃

GOTG2 is a good movie, it was very funny but the final fight was very short and could have been much better so i'm not that hyped about this one or any other sequels.

I mean, I will probably see these movies anyway but not in theaters, later at home on my TV.

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

How about a movie with both Avengers and X-Men superheroes? It could be the first ever superhero movie that is that large.  You know it could happen (if Comcast just backs down from snatching Fox from Disney's arms). You still won't anticipate it?

A movie with DC/Marvel heroes teaming up would bring back this kind of excitement but apart from that...And ik now I'm asking too much there ^^"

46 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

A movie with DC/Marvel heroes teaming up would bring back this kind of excitement but apart from that...And ik now I'm asking too much there ^^"

Won't happen. US antitrust authorities will block Disney from buying DC Comics. Same with AT&T (parent company of DC) from buying Marvel Comics. If I remember correctly, the combined market share of the 2 comic book companies is 70%. So it will be a clear monopoly.

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Won't happen. US antitrust authorities will block Disney from buying DC Comics. Same with AT&T (parent company of DC) from buying Marvel Comics. If I remember correctly, the combined market share of the 2 comic book companies is 70%. So it will be a clear monopoly.

I'm not talking about that but a cooperation between DC/Marvel to bring their heroes together in a movie :)

Anyway, apart from animated movies or movies with some magic like The Nutcracker / Fantastic Beasts I probably won't see many other types of movies, I have the same kind of things happening in videogames where I have a very hard time playing/haing fun with adult/mature/dark games...

That's weird but anything not colored / not optimistic in terms of tone just puts me off.