Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I won't be on the internet this weekend, preparing for the Japan Expo 2018 so I hope a good soul will come here to give us the numbers about ANt-Man 2, The incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2! :D

Have a nice weekend everyone ;)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I won't be on the internet this weekend, preparing for the Japan Expo 2018 so I hope a good soul will come here to give us the numbers about ANt-Man 2, The incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2! :D

Have a nice weekend everyone ;)

Impossible:whosad:

For the studios, however, the Peyton Reed-helmed Ant-Man And The Wasp is tops, and also tuned its antennae to $17M across Latin America with a leading $6.7M in Mexico (+25% on the original). Brazil was soft in a competitive landscape, battling it out with World Cup play on Friday and as holidays begin.

I told you guys I wasn't expecting much for Ant-Man 2 in Brazil, my guts were right once again ^^

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

THE INCREDIBLES 2:  Brazil ($15.4M)

Strong hold for this 2nd weekend: -27% despite Ant-Man 2 + World Cup :o

Now that the WC is over and no serious competition I could see Incredibles 2 doing really well :D

7 hours ago, manny1234 said:

I wonder the Next Live Action superhero movie after Ant-Man and before Aquaman Is Venom. Since Brazil as a superhero loving country, how well will Venom possibly do in Brazil?

I honestly think Venom can pull some good numbers in Brazil. They promoted the movie at our local Comic Con and we all went crazy about the trailer. It is a very popular character because of the Spider Man animated series. 

-

Anyway, how do you guys evaluate Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom performance in Brazil?

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, manny1234 said:

I wonder the Next Live Action superhero movie after Ant-Man and before Aquaman Is Venom. Since Brazil as a superhero loving country, how well will Venom possibly do in Brazil?

It's likely to do well, I wouldn't worry about that one, unless Brazil becomes a real mess after a crazy election...

• Like 1

The incredibles 2 kept the lead despite the debut of Ant Man and Wasp, the numbers of AMAW in Brazil were well below what I expected, in the same range  than the first in local currency.

Weekend (In local currency)

1 Os incríveis 2  (Incredibles 2) 19.654.278
2 Homem-Formiga e a Vespa (Ant man abd Wasp) 13.697.388
3 Jurassic World - Reino ameaçado  (Jurassic world 2) 6.357.868
4 Oito mulheres e um segredo (ocean's 8) 723.476
5 Mulheres alteradas  (local movie) 609.077
6 Sexy por acidente * 282.480
7 Sicario - Dia do soldado * 191.373
8 Hereditário * 140.369
9 Desobediência * 131.089
10 Do jeito que elas querem * 108.516

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/10/2018 at 3:22 PM, brunofernando said:

I honestly think Venom can pull some good numbers in Brazil. They promoted the movie at our local Comic Con and we all went crazy about the trailer. It is a very popular character because of the Spider Man animated series. 

-

Anyway, how do you guys evaluate Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom performance in Brazil?

First, welcome to the forums dear Bruno from Brazil :)

Second: it's hard to evaluate its performance because the economy/election/exchange erate/World Cup are messing with the usual box office..given the circumstances I'd say it's doing pretty well, it's ok.

16 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

The incredibles 2 kept the lead despite the debut of Ant Man and Wasp, the numbers of AMAW in Brazil were well below what I expected, in the same range  than the first in local currency.

Weekend (In local currency)

1 Os incríveis 2  (Incredibles 2) 19.654.278
2 Homem-Formiga e a Vespa (Ant man abd Wasp) 13.697.388
3 Jurassic World - Reino ameaçado  (Jurassic world 2) 6.357.868
4 Oito mulheres e um segredo (ocean's 😎 723.476
5 Mulheres alteradas  (local movie) 609.077
6 Sexy por acidente * 282.480
7 Sicario - Dia do soldado * 191.373
8 Hereditário * 140.369
9 Desobediência * 131.089
10 Do jeito que elas querem * 108.516

To be fair I imagined something close to that for Ant-Man 2, some of you certainly remember about it ^^

Yes, superheroes do well in Brazil but this one is probably the least known of all the MCU characters.

• Like 1

It seems Universal cancelled The First Purge's release here in Brazil, claiming the previous movies didn't perform well...

https://ovicio.com.br/universal-cancela-lancamento-de-a-primeira-noite-de-crime-no-brasil/

That sucks. I wouldn't be watching this movie, but I know many people here who liked the previous flicks. 

8 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It seems Universal cancelled The First Purge's release here in Brazil, claiming the previous movies didn't perform well...

https://ovicio.com.br/universal-cancela-lancamento-de-a-primeira-noite-de-crime-no-brasil/

That sucks. I wouldn't be watching this movie, but I know many people here who liked the previous flicks. 

Sounds unusual to cancel movies in Brazil, I guess the 1st one did really bad for them to do that.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

PS: @pepsa

We recently talked about anxiety crisis here, well I can say I didn't need months or years, it's almost gone. Strong will and fast reaction do wonders ^^

Great to hear !! You strength is admirable !

I hate it that we don't get any dailies anymore. But I might start to follow the boxoffice more again 😛

• Like 1