Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, alisson23 said:

This year we had at least 1 big movie or a surprise for ""weak"" genres here in Brazil and there will be even more:

Drama - Logan $29m
Horror - It $22m(?)
Comedy - Gotg2 $21m
Thriller - Justice League $35m+
Sci-fi - Star Wars 8 $30m(?)

Amazing!!

And the highest animated film OF ALL TIME in Brazil: Despicable Me 3!

You probably missed the summer update by @Fullbuster

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I was looking at the schedule and Thor 3 got a really great date. It will have no competition for 3 weeks, and it will benefit from the lack of options for kids/families. It will also have 2 holidays during those 3 weeks being the only big movie at theaters.

Let’s see if it will manage to sell more tickets than Wonder Woman with all these advantages, that’s an obligation considering the amount of benefits that it has. Both Spider Man and GOTG2 failed to do this. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2017 at 4:45 PM, Napoleon said:

I was looking at the schedule and Thor 3 got a really great date. It will have no competition for 3 weeks, and it will benefit from the lack of options for kids/families. It will also have 2 holidays during those 3 weeks being the only big movie at theaters.

That's impressive, maybe reaching R$100m is not impossible for it after all, or even passing SMH and Wonder-Woman

4 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Thor 3 is an experimental movie, with psychedelic influence of Indie Sci-Fi.

To boil it down , they are marketing it more like Guardians. Average folks don't really care who Taika is.

Thor's like discount Superman to them and with the whole Hulk vs Thor angle it will do fine in LA.

On 25/9/2017 at 9:11 AM, alisson23 said:

This year we had at least 1 big movie or a surprise for ""weak"" genres here in Brazil and there will be even more:

Drama - Logan $29m
Horror - It $22m(?)
Comedy - Gotg2 $21m
Thriller - Justice League $35m+
Sci-fi - Star Wars 8 $30m(?)

Amazing!!

Star wars 8 making $30m seems right, I doubt it will make more than Justice League, maybe not  beat even Ragnarok.

32 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Star wars 8 making $30m seems right, I doubt it will make more than Justice League, maybe not  beat even Ragnarok.

I'm not even sure about SW8 reaching $30m....Sure, it will benefit from a MUCH BETTER exchange rate than SW7 but when I see the fall of Rogue One over SW7 I have doubts.

I see it between 25-30m. I hope for more of course.