Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

HDD got 2nd place. Great result, though.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

"Brazil is the top opener at number two for the weekend on $2m, above recent films Split and The Conjuring."

WW above $2m in second weekend. What a great increase! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

HDD got 2nd place. Great result, though.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

"Brazil is the top opener at number two for the weekend on $2m, above recent films Split and The Conjuring."

Number 2? Then Woody Woodpecker was really on top?

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

Blade Runner didn't have a national holiday on OD to boost it. Also, friday was a non workday in many places here, schools were closed and friday the 13th helped HDD. With these advantages, Blade Runner would open with $3m+ here.

While at same time BD49 had 3D/IMAX and many premium formats to increase it’s numbers, plus, it’s a SEQUEL, what a stupid comment, HDD’s numbers are way more impressive. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

While at same time BD49 had 3D/IMAX and many premium formats to increase it’s numbers, plus, it’s a SEQUEL, what a stupid comment, HDD’s numbers are way more impressive. 

A mainstream ""horror"" movie doing better commercially than an artistic sci-fi movie? Wooow. It's more than impressive, it's SHOCKING!!!

MV5BMjMyNDkzMzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcx

REMINDER : THOR RAGNAROK WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 26 IN BRAZIL. THIS IS THE OPENING WEEKEND NUMBERS FOR THOR 1&2 IN BRAZIL IN LOCAL CURRENCY

THOR (2011) : R$8.5m

THOR 2 (2013) : R$17.5m

Thor Ragnarok should easily beat this, more than R$20m is very likely given the past trends.

• Like 2

Thor 3, my forecasts

OW : $8.5m / R$26m

Total : $32-34m / R$103-107m

It's a bit optimistic but clearly doable, the great opinions we hear about it and Hulk's presence will make it pretty big and leggy. If Spider-Man can pass $30m-R$100m then Thor 3 can as well.

After the confirmation Justice League is only 121 minutes long including credits I decided to not see the movie unless WB releases a directors cut on blu-ray. It's clear to me this will not be the movie I was hoping for so I'll save myself the disappointment. This also made me lose interest in box office and movies in general. Don't know if its temporary but I just have no interest in any of this anymore. Thank you guys of this thread where it all started for me, I really enjoyed the time I spent with you my dear friends, but I think I may be gone for some time.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After the confirmation Justice League is only 121 minutes long including credits I decided to not see the movie unless WB releases a directors cut on blu-ray. It's clear to me this will not be the movie I was hoping for so I'll save myself the disappointment. This also made me lose interest in box office and movies in general. Don't know if its temporary but I just have no interest in any of this anymore. Thank you guys of this thread where it all started for me, I really enjoyed the time I spent with you my dear friends, but I think I may be gone for some time.

1324353131790.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wow I really did not expect this 😯

Particularly not BEFORE JL's release..

You can do so much in 121 minutes you know, The Incredibles presented every character in a convincing way with the same amount of time, longer # better!

Any way it's sad to see you leaving so suddenly and at this very moment...I wish you the best, I hope you'll come back sooner than later 👍👍

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Please, don’t go, we need to drag some MCU fans once that JL kills Thor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Please, don’t go, we need to drag some MCU fans once that JL kills Thor.

Nobody expects Thor to compete with JL. It's like asking Wonder Woman to beat The Avengers.

You need to think, that'd be helpful :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1